People's expectations when flying.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Have you considered getting to the airport super early?
We usually book a local hotel now within 5ish miles of the airport, get there in plenty of time & just get bored waiting.

Being in a seat, at 30,000 feet in a metal cylinder, held aloft by Bernoullis Principle is a wonder in itself

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Everyone knows Carbon fibre bikes melt in the rain, so a plane made of the stuff?? Idiotic! :laugh:

gavintc

Guru
If they were American, I'd expect them to be flying back to America. If my schedule was that tight, I think I would be booking a flight which allowed for problems such as aircraft being taken out of service for whatever reason; weather delays, pissed pilots etc..
I think you will find that Canadian vacation entitlements are not generous either. But, people do whinge about the most remarkable things.

I see folk getting stressed out in airports all the time. It's usually down to one of two things; something going wrong with their plans (like a cancellation) and no Plan B...or...not giving themselves enough time to process through check in/security

Sometimes there can be no Plan B, you just have to suck it up but to be honest, flight cancellations are a pretty rare occurrence (I've probably taken a hundred flights in the past 10 years and I think maybe 2 cancellations). I find arriving in plenty of time, getting through the procedures at the airport is stress-free. But if I'm running late it's a nightmare. Have you considered getting to the airport super early?
Panic attacks take no notice of how organised and early you are.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I see folk getting stressed out in airports all the time. It's usually down to one of two things; something going wrong with their plans (like a cancellation) and no Plan B...or...not giving themselves enough time to process through check in/security

Sometimes there can be no Plan B, you just have to suck it up but to be honest, flight cancellations are a pretty rare occurrence (I've probably taken a hundred flights in the past 10 years and I think maybe 2 cancellations). I find arriving in plenty of time, getting through the procedures at the airport is stress-free. But if I'm running late it's a nightmare. Have you considered getting to the airport super early?
Yep. Been there super early. Been there overnight at a hotel attached to the airport. It's definitely to do with the overall stress of being in a busy airport. Even before coping strategies etc I could fly out of City airport and even have breakfast whilst there. At Gatwick or Heathrow I was always on the verge of throwing up.

Top Bottom