Photo of the day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I don't know if this is the right place to start this thread. I've shamelessly taken the idea from another forum.

Take a photo from anywhere including "readers wives" so to speak or the net anywhere, as long as it's interesting and has some info below.

I'll start the ball rolling......

image.jpg

A mix of ropes and ladders eases access to Warren Cave, a labyrinth of passages melted from the ice by the volcano's heat. Small currents of air probably cause the scalloping around the cave's entrance.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
image.jpg

Explanation: The large stellar association cataloged as NGC 206 is nestled within the dusty arms of neighboring spiral galaxy Andromeda (M31), 2.5 million light-years distant. Seen near the center of this gorgeous close-up of the southwestern extent of Andromeda's disk, the bright, blue stars of NGC 206 indicate its youth. Its youngest massive stars are less than 10 million years old. Much larger than the clusters of young stars in the disk of our Milky Way galaxy known as open or galactic clusters, NGC 206 spans about 4,000 light-years. That's comparable in size to the giant stellar nurseries NGC 604 in nearby spiral M33 and the Tarantula Nebula, in the Large Magellanic Cloud.

Reactions: gbb

Doseone

Guru
Bump.

I love this portrait, it was taken somewhere in Colombia by a photographer called Michael Thompson. I don't know much more than that about it.

portraits_4_of_9.jpg

Kins

Über Member
A photo my niece took on her phone, for your next project maybe! :laugh:

1028_10151179885959037_97297938_n.jpg

colly

Re member eR
4019profile.jpg

BigBoy is BIG! Weighing in at close to 400 tons (772,000lbs), he developed a tractive effort of 135,375lbs. Each of his axles supported 67,500lbs. Under full steam, the engine burned an average of 122,500lbs of water (12,500 gallons) and 22 tons (44,000lbs) of semi-bituminous coal per hour! However, it has been know to happen when pulling an extremely long train up Sherman Hill, BigBoy would burn 225,000lbs (25,000 gallons) of water an 28 tons (56,000lbs) of coal in a 27 mile period!

Top Bottom