Photoshop users

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are there any photo shop 'experts' on here?
I recently had to put my black lab to sleep, my best friend ever. Looking through all the photos of him we have, (wish i'd taken more!) the best one we have in the 'pose' we like he has unfortunately got an unsightly rope lead around his neck from our caravan days. Just wondering if it's possible for someone to 'airbrush' this out? I'm useless with anything like this otherwise I would have a go myself!

ScotiaLass

Guru
Yes, that can be done.
Not sure how well I could manage it, but if you want to send me the photo I'll have a go.

U

User33236

The content aware fill tool in the newer versions of Photoshop make changes like that a lot easier than they used to be. It means that even enthusiastic amateurs like me can do a decent job :smile: lol

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Yes, you can use the Clone Tool. It's on the toolbar, looks a bit like an old rubber stamp. There are some good instructional videos on Youtube.
With the clone tool, you choose the brush & size you want, then 'sample' some pixels nearby. In the case of you black lab, any bit of dark fur should do. Then you 'paint' with the sampled pixels over the offending rope. Do it in small steps so if you mess it up, you can just Undo:smile:

Another option would be to select an area of fur, copy & paste back into the shot. Photoshop will put it on a transparent layer that you can move around, then you flatten the image once satisfied it's in the right place covering the rope. There are oceans of sites on Photoshop if you want to learn the basics. It's not that hard and can be fun.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
If you want to get it professionally done, I can highly recommend these guys: http://clippingpath.in

They did an absolutely amazing job for me on some torn and water-damaged photos - you really couldn't tell afterwards there had ever been any damage.

Top Bottom