Pick the score - Premier League and beyond 2014/2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Same rules as before (3 points for predicting the correct score, 1 for the correct result and 0 for the rest). The main difference this year will be that players can choose a second non-premier league team (as long as their fixtures and results are available on the BBC football pages). The idea is to give the less well known teams a bit more attention and bring in a bit of local knowledge. Once everybody has picked their teams I'll see how manageable it all is and consider letting additional teams to be included. Foreign teams are allowed but the game will finish when the PL season does.

My teams will be
Chelsea (because the blue man studiously avoided them last year and did very well).
Leeds (because that's where I was born and with the new owner it looks like it could be an entertaining year)

brodiej

Veteran
Great
Thanks for this deptford
There may be quite a few teams nominated and it may get a bit complicated!
If I wanted a non-prem team it would be Wycombe Wanderers

Crystal Palace (because I went there once in the 90s)
Hibernian (because I reckon the Scottish Championship will be a great league this year and worth paying attention to)

AndyRM

XOXO
Crystal Palace (because I went there once in the 90s)
Hibernian (because I reckon the Scottish Championship will be a great league this year and worth paying attention to)

The best thing about the Championship will be Hearts and Hibs finishing ahead of Sevconian FC. This should be easy as that mob will be in administration by Christmas with a 15 point deduction.

I'll nominate Newcastle as my PL team, and Kilmarnock as my superior second choice.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Same rules as before (3 points for predicting the correct score, 1 for the correct result and 0 for the rest). The main difference this year will be that players can choose a second non-premier league team (as long as their fixtures and results are available on the BBC football pages). The idea is to give the less well known teams a bit more attention and bring in a bit of local knowledge. Once everybody has picked their teams I'll see how manageable it all is and consider letting additional teams to be included. Foreign teams are allowed but the game will finish when the PL season does.

My teams will be
Chelsea (because the blue man studiously avoided them last year and did very well).
Leeds (because that's where I was born and with the new owner it looks like it could be an entertaining year)

Do we have to have a Premiership team? If not my two teams will be Accrington Stanley(the team i watch)and Blackburn Rovers(the team i used to watch)
If i have to have a Premiership team i'll go for Burnley. I dislike them immensely but it'll be fun predicting them to lose every match!:giggle:

OP
OP
deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Sunderland. Always had a soft spot for them.
My lesser known team has to be the pride of west Norfolk - King's Lynn town fc of the mighty Evo-Stick Prem Division
I'm having difficulty finding the fixture list for King's Lynn Town on the BBC's pages. I may have to drop them if it turns out to be a right pain.

OP
OP
deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The list so far. Note that I haven't included King's Lynn until I've got an easy way of gathering fixtures and results. Also where people have picked 2 non-PL teams I've only allowed the first one to be added. Adding other leagues means a fair bit more work for me and the Premier League teams are tried and tested so I don't think I could face overcomplicating things. I'll review it later on once things have got going. So one PL team and one other.

PL Teams
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Sunderland
Newcastle
Burnley
Tottenham
Man Utd
Others
Leeds (Championship)
Wickham Wanderers (L2)
Hibernian (S Championship)
Cowdenbeath (S Championship)
Gateshead (Conference)
Kilmarnock (S Prem)
Accrington Stanley (L2)
Peterborough (L1)
Brighton and Hove Albion (Championship)
Norwich City (Championship)

Last edited:
OP
OP
deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
@deptfordmarmoset - I'd be happy to sort out scores for the Scottish sides and North East ones if that would ease the burden a bit. Despite my abject predictions I enjoyed playing and it would be a shame to lose the game.
Andy, thanks for the offer but last night I managed to find fixture lists for my google calendar for nearly all the fixtures (King's Lynn and for some reason the Scottish Premier League weren't showing last night) so they'll all be feeding into one place. I'm not quite sure that all the other leagues' scores will get entered automatically into the calendar but I know that the Premier League does but they'll also show up on the BBC's fixtures and results listings. I was a little concerned about the PL teams getting outnumbered by the others but it looks manageable

Spartak