Pigeon Down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

I do not know if it is still there, but I believe a Methodist Church in our neighborhood when I was a kid had chimney caps in the shape of stylized owls, functioning as chimney tops and scaring pigeons away.
Apparently they're rubbish as bird scarers. I was talking to an Electricity Alliance bloke once about a Big Plastic Owl on a pylon and whether they worked. Yes and no. They don't work as bird scarers but they do fulfill the function of "we've tried that and it didn't work, we can try GUNS or FRIKKIN LASERS now."

To the OP, what about getting Vic Reeves or Bob Mortimer to tempt down The Dove From Above?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Apparently they're rubbish as bird scarers. I was talking to an Electricity Alliance bloke once about a Big Plastic Owl on a pylon and whether they worked. Yes and no. They don't work as bird scarers but they do fulfill the function of "we've tried that and it didn't work, we can try GUNS or FRIKKIN LASERS now."

To the OP, what about getting Vic Reeves or Bob Mortimer to tempt down The Dove From Above?
Airports now use Falcons to keep bird strikes to a minimum.

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Amazingly there is still movement but I think the dance steps aren't quite so brisk now. Cats must have had a good go while I was away yesterday as the fire place was in total disarray when I got back. Stupid bird could have got itself out I'm sure but any brain it did have will be even more dulled now.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

You see them on railway sub stations too, and had always wondered how useful they actually were.

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
It's quiet, it's too quiet. :unsure:

Top Bottom