Pigeons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Anyone know how to banish pigeons from out buildings? There are way too many around the yard at home and I would like to get rid of them.

bonj2

machine gun?

OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
I don't really want to kill them, just persuade them to annoy someone else.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
tyred said:
Anyone know how to banish pigeons from out buildings? There are way too many around the yard at home and I would like to get rid of them.

You want a peregrine falcon, :laugh:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
My folks live just outside eastbourne (Herstmonceux) and whether it has escaped or someone set it free I dont know but there is a Golden Eagle down there! That will sort them out... plus the local cats and silly little yappy dog things.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Go down to pets at home and buy a bulk bag of bird seed. Spread said bird seed over your neighbour's garden and watch as the flying rats figure out it's much more lucrative to spend time there than in your yard!

Dayvo

just passin' through
Get a wooden carving of an owl or some other bird of prey and fix it on a wall somewhere. That'll keep the buggers away.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
On a serious note (the Golden Eagle was a bit OTT) my friend always got really irritated with birds sitting on a cr*pping on his boat (seagulls when in harbour and pigeons when in is back yard).

He then made this black cut out sillouette of a flying bird (about a 1.5 meter wing span - to simulate a large bird of prey) and stuck it on the boat cover... not one pile of bird poo since!

Dayvo

just passin' through
Wigsie said:
He then made this black cut out sillouette of a flying bird (about a 1.5 meter wing span - to simulate a large bird of prey) and stuck it on the boat cover... not one pile of bird poo since!

I thought it would make it worse, if they were that scared! :laugh:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Dayvo said:
I thought it would make it worse, if they were that scared! :laugh:

I have often thought about starting to poo on there myself and see if he puts a cut out of a massive man on there to scare me!

Top Bottom