Piles/ haemorroids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
Backpack or stool, the principle is the same I think. Probably squatting has the same affect in getting things moving
Yes. People often mock countries that use squat toilets rather than the more modern and stylish throne beloved of the West, but, as I understand it, the squat toilet is essentially going to the loo as nature intended and is thus far more effective and natural to the body than the modern toilet.

Tom B

Guru
Yes. People often mock countries that use squat toilets rather than the more modern and stylish throne beloved of the West, but, as I understand it, the squat toilet is essentially going to the loo as nature intended and is thus far more effective and natural to the body than the modern toilet.

I don't understand the mocking. When in France which seems to generally have a mix, I'll happily use either.

OP
OP
GlamorganGuy

GlamorganGuy

I don't understand the mocking. When in France which seems to generally have a mix, I'll happily use either.

Agree, but I have to say I haven't worked out how to do so without removing lower half clothing completely. The risk of crapping on your trousers seems impossible to avoid!

presta

Guru
I eat getting on for twice the recommended fibre, but the things that seem to make most difference to my bowels are exercise and water intake.

My father had piles, he put up witch hazel for years before having an operation. The first thing he said to me afterwards was "don't get piles".

First bowel movement described by a doctor as like passing balls of red hot needles steeped in acid.
She was not wrong.
He said the worst bit was having the 'packing' pulled out of his bum the morning after, but there were weeks of sitting on a cushion with a hole in before he recovered.

After 2 days I was in agony and a nurse came to give me a suppository.
I once got constipated whilst I was in hospital and the staff thought it was a hoot, I didn't get a suppository until I refused to be discharged.

OP
OP
GlamorganGuy

GlamorganGuy

Piles are extremely annoying, I've been fine for years but am suffering mightily this week and not sure what has triggered it. Coughing, farting, walking upstairs all v uncomfortable! Cycling strangely fine though!

OP
OP
GlamorganGuy

GlamorganGuy

Piles are extremely annoying, I've been fine for years but am suffering mightily this week and not sure what has triggered it. Coughing, farting, walking upstairs all v uncomfortable! Cycling strangely fine though!

Wondering if it could be yeast in bread causing irritation. Been avoiding it for months but have reintroduced it to my diet in recent days. Anyone else experienced issues with this? I'm stopping eating it again just in case.

Tom B

Guru
Wondering if it could be yeast in bread causing irritation. Been avoiding it for months but have reintroduced it to my diet in recent days. Anyone else experienced issues with this? I'm stopping eating it again just in case.

mine has made a reappearance today.

I've not had yeast bread for a few days.... whereas normally I eat at least a loaf a day...

perhaps your not eating enough?

Seriously though, it's probably really personal to each body, diet and lifestyle

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
Sometimes after a bit of spicy food my A hole will get sore and bleed a bit. A bit of sudo cream does the trick but it craves talc powder and we never have any in. It’s a bad part of life.

Tom B

Guru
I have to say talc is a houseold staple in my house, from talcing the nether regions to shoes, to shake and vac alike.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I have to say talc is a houseold staple in my house, from talcing the nether regions to shoes, to shake and vac alike.

I thought they banned it a few years ago as it's a respiratory health risk? Or did I just imagine it? Anyway, I've not tried Sudocrem for piles, I've always found Germaloid cream most excellent

Tom B

Guru
I bought some only a few months from the baby aisle. I use it for all sorts, fitting tyres to the bike is one reason I keep some in the shed. Sprinkling on engraved / etched numbers and letters like VIN numbers on scabby metal is another use.

You can also get medicated stuff for athletes foot but I wouldn't suggest dusting that around the problem purple.

Top Bottom