ping: aralsopp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
7 am Sunday morning, Crystal Palace, Chipstead, Reigate, Lonesome Lane, Horley, Back Lane, Ardingly (steep hill), Turners Hill, Godstone and home again, home again, jiggedy jig? We could cut out Back Lane and go straight to Turners Hill, if you want.

A strong westerly wind forecast, so it won't be that speedy a ride....

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Sorry mate.

As mailed, I was due at the inlaws this weekend, with express denial for
  1. Taking the bike
  2. Remaining behind with it

Darn shame too, as sounds like it'd have been a good one. Did you get out?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I did go out, and it wasn't a lot of fun. 20mph sidewinds, stronger over Chipstead. You were probably best off.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Yup. I hear you. Not a massive fan of sidewinds. Recumbent plus rear pannier presents an interesting side profile, and winds can't help but pop over and investigate. Quite enough wobbling getting to work and back at the moment. :smile:On the plus side, my commute home last night from W4 was the first time I've improved on the average we achieved on the 1st March :smile:I'm up 0.4kph to our spin, but thats a full 3kph faster than I was doing it 2 weeks back. The route is fairly heavy traffic, and factors 769ft of ascent over 16.85 miles.All in, I'd say it did me a world of good. I'm looking forward to the next time we can get out. I'm planning to cycle the return leg of FNRttC, so am very likely out of permission this weekend ;)

Top Bottom