PING: HelenD 123

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I was inspired by your signature! I wasn't sure whether it was too soon but it's gonna come round very quickly now. Help! I did 55 miles last weekend though so the training's going well.

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
You are doing much better than me, hardly been out this year and still trying to get rid of the snots at the moment :smile:

Glad you have decided to come tho!!!! I finally got the dvd from last year last week, it's the best motivational tool ever - really captures the spirit from last years ride, although they have left out the hailstorms and most of the rain, the falls, the roadrash and the general suffering on day two... I can provide you with a copy if you want! :biggrin:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I put my name down ages ago. Did I not tell you? Can I change my mind now I've heard about the hailstorms and rain?!! Cathryn and hubby warned me that Holland is flat and unrelenting. No chance to coast downhill:sad:. I'll be well and truly earning that sponsorship money.

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
HelenD123 said:
I put my name down ages ago. Did I not tell you? Can I change my mind now I've heard about the hailstorms and rain?!! Cathryn and hubby warned me that Holland is flat and unrelenting. No chance to coast downhill:sad:. I'll be well and truly earning that sponsorship money.

No, last I heard from you, you were considering it, but hadn't decided... And yes, flat and unrelenting sums it up - it was a bit of a nightmare on day 2 last year (70 miles into a headwind on roads that seem to go on forever is not fun), but we reaped the rewards with a constant tailwind on day 3. And no, you are not changing your mind because of a bit of hail - it's what the guys call a mini-adventure (term also applies to getting lost, people falling off, etc) :thumbsup:

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Guddlepum is in on it, but as you have probably noticed not a very regular on this forum, in fact a lot of people probably don't even know she exists...

As far as any potential donations from this forum are concerned, I'm sure me and Helen would be happy to split the proceeds between us! :thumbsup: (Actually, I haven't discussed this with her, so don't quote me on that, but it seems to make sense with it all going to Marie Curie in the end anyway...)

oxbob

Puddlegum is on here frequently, she/he/imaginary friend lurks about but doesn't post much

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Well, you know what I mean....she remains an invisible presence most of the time (unless it's to pick on me). And puddleglum is definitely a she, otherwise she wouldn't be allowed to come to Amsterdame!!!!

HelenD123

Legendary Member
punkypossum said:
As far as any potential donations from this forum are concerned, I'm sure me and Helen would be happy to split the proceeds between us! ;) (Actually, I haven't discussed this with her, so don't quote me on that, but it seems to make sense with it all going to Marie Curie in the end anyway...)

A general donation to Team Cyclechat seems the way to go. I'm not at all precious about the money being specifically for me as it's all going to support Marie Curie at the end of the day.

Top Bottom