Ping: theclaud

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A very close friend of mine was very seriously injured in an RTA when a car did a U turn across his path on double white lines (right in front of me) on Sunday just gone (he ended up in intensive care but thankfully out now), and i have had a fairly rough week of it.

Thank you very much for brightening up my day :laugh:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
very-near said:
A very close friend of mine was very seriously injured in an RTA when a car did a U turn across his path on double white lines (right in front of me) on Sunday just gone (he ended up in intensive care but thankfully out now), and i have had a fairly rough week of it.

Thank you very much for brightening up my day :laugh:

Sorry to hear that Linf. Glad he's out of the woods.
C

OP
OP
V

very-near

theclaud said:
Sorry to hear that Linf. Glad he's out of the woods.
C

He's not quite yet as they can't close an open wound on his upper arm so back into surgery for the 3rd time for a skin graft today.

He was in surgery for 6 1/2 hours on sunday night/monday morning to pin & plate the upper arm (broke and the bone came clean through the leathers he was wearing :laugh: ) as well as a broken femur, broken hip and broken wrist & a couple of fingers.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Ouch. Those are some nasty injuries. I guess you're only concerned with his recovery at the moment, but did they get the driver?

OP
OP
V

very-near

The driver was a doctor (as was his wife in the passenger seat) and the car which was behind them was also a doctor - not connected as I understand.

I figure he just took a wrong turn and used a very bad spot to back track.

Had my friend been driving a car, IMO the passenger and the 3 year old in the back of the car would have ended up with very serious injuries. as it was, being a bike, he only clipped the cars bumper as he attempted to go around the back of it as it cut across his path but took the full impact with his left side.

OP
OP
V

very-near

magnatom said:
That's nasty Linf!:laugh: I hope your friend makes a full recovery. That can't have been fun to witness. :biggrin:

It stopped me sleeping for a couple of nights (close the eyes and relive it :sad: )

I got some prescription sleeping tablets yesterday, but seeing him more like his old self yesterday afternoon has replaced the really bad images - so I didn't need them.

I doubt he would have survived if he had hit it square on.

A guy I work with recalled a story of his when I went into work on tuesday.

He was cycling to a local park with his best mate when they were 14. they went over a bridge and a mini overtook a bus and hit his mate head on. He died in hospital a couple of hours later.

He said it still haunts him 25 years on.

The driver (young mother of 2 kids) took her own life a few years later as she couldn't live with the guilt.

How sad it that :sad:

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
I'm sorry to hear about your friend VN. Hope everything goes ok.

OP
OP
V

very-near

Thank you all for your kind wishes. It is now in my memory, and not so much right inside my head going around now.

He is hoping they will release him early next week, but it depends on how the graft takes etc etc. He is still on a morphine pump so I think he is being a bit ambitious TBH, and he will be in a wheelchair for a good while till he can support his weight.

Top Bottom