Pink Poppy Pashley Stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
K

Kells

Hi helpfindmybike

Out of interest which police did you report it to? I went straight round to Bethnal Green Station.
Have you had the tape past onto them? They seemed to have a fairly good idea about thieves if they were seen clear enough on tape. As I'd had a really long day at work there was a thirteen hour time span where my bike could have been taken. Though after reading your information I'd say she went straight away.
That many bikes are going to turn up somewhere altogether.

Last night I dreamt of both our bikes... crazy

OP
OP
K

Kells

I know Vikeonabike that makes sense to see it. Police investigations are the part that don't make sense. It's called ' Lack of resources' !!! The police themselves will skim through 4-5 hours, no more.

O'h well, I'll keep looking and carrying their number around if I should see her.. though starting to think she probably went out of London with a rather large white van full of other Pashleys and the like

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I have had two incidents happen in my time, luckily without the theft of my bike.

The first was when I was a kid and I parked my bike at the time outside the local shop. The next thing I knew, a man came in asking who's bike that was parked outside.
It turns out his Son had had his bike stolen and it was the same model as mine (a Raleigh Aztec I think). I had had my bike stamped so I could prove it was mine, but still, I was a little bit unerved by it all.
I never found out if they found the bike or not, but I felt for them, really I did!

The second incident was definitely a bit strange. I was going along the cycle track near to Drumry several years ago on my current old bike/tank.
Suddenly a group of boys appeared infront of me weilding bits of wood and sticks, and asked me to stop. I asked why I should stop, but they didn't answer, so I just carried on going, which really annoyed them and I felt a wooden pole hit me in the back as I sped off.

The Tank was relatively new at the time (1997), so I imagine they were wanting to nick it.
I just hope nobody else fell victim to them, but whoever they were, they weren't very good at it as when they appeared, they were all holding their 'weapons' with one hand and covering their balls with their other!! (I kid you not).

I never ever saw them again, so they probably were just some local kids chancing their arms.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
As an aside, this thread has just illustrated to me why I should get 'The Tank' overhauled, even though this probably will cost more than it's worth! (it's 14 now).

I was also considering getting it repainted (in WR Chromatic blue, silver/white and with a tiny bit of yellow .....don't ask!), but now I'm not too sure, as obviously, the worse it looks, the less likely it will be of getting pinched (although I'm sure some would say the proposed new colour scheme wouldn't be much of an improvement anyway!).
To be honest with you, I think it has got to the stage where I'd have to PAY someone to steal it anyway!!! :wacko:

It's once proud silver paintwork is starting to look decidedly battered round the edges.

If I got a better more expensive bike, then I'd use to for runs where I'm not having to leave it anywhere. This I have learned already from reading here!

Doug - Owner of 'The Tank', Street Value: £12.10 ONO.

e-rider

crappy member
Yes, how many times have we seen this. Almost certainly stolen and it'll be a dodgy receipt made on the computer printed on A4 (or unable to find when you collect the bike) - same old story! Ebay and gumtree have an endless number of these sellers and nobody cares, least of all the police. This may or may not be your pink pashley but it's clearly someones, and probably not the sellers!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pashley-Poppy...ZViewItemQQptZUK_Bikes_GL?hash=item19bb958364

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
SavageHoutkop said:
One on ebay ATM, but is claiming with a receipt.
Has sold 4 other bikes though, so either N+1 in reverse...?
All bikes sold in last month.

3 current auctions all ending in 30 minutes for these:

GIANT ESCAPE M8 HYBRID BIKE 17"
RIDGEBACK MOTION HYBRID 21"
Pashley Poppy Ladies Bike - Blush Pink 2010

...poor pashley poppy hope it gets back to its rightful owner.

and sold since April 2010:
TREK 3700 MOUNTAIN BIKE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION 2009 (#110516696919)
CANNONDALE ADVENTURE HYBRID BIKE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION (#110516688800)
SPECIALIZED LANGSTER ROAD BIKE EXCELLENT CONDITION 2010 (#110514539397)
MARIN MOUNT VISION PRO FULL SUSPENSION MOUNTAIN BIKE 08 (#110513828299)
SPECIALIZED ALLEZ ELITE ROAD BIKE EXCELLENT CONDITION (#110512860416)

Chrisc

Guru
style over speed said:
3 current auctions all ending in 30 minutes for these:

GIANT ESCAPE M8 HYBRID BIKE 17"
RIDGEBACK MOTION HYBRID 21"
Pashley Poppy Ladies Bike - Blush Pink 2010

...poor pashley poppy hope it gets back to its rightful owner.

and sold since April 2010:
TREK 3700 MOUNTAIN BIKE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION 2009 (#110516696919)
CANNONDALE ADVENTURE HYBRID BIKE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION (#110516688800)
SPECIALIZED LANGSTER ROAD BIKE EXCELLENT CONDITION 2010 (#110514539397)
MARIN MOUNT VISION PRO FULL SUSPENSION MOUNTAIN BIKE 08 (#110513828299)
SPECIALIZED ALLEZ ELITE ROAD BIKE EXCELLENT CONDITION (#110512860416)

Where is this guy getting all these bikes and all with proof of purchase? Who buys so many? Not at all suspicious eh?

RRCC

Guru
I reported him to ebay for Cash on Collection only (no paypal), trader not accepting returns and probably stolen we'll see what happens

Chrisc

Guru
RRCC said:
I reported him to ebay for Cash on Collection only (no paypal), trader not accepting returns and probably stolen we'll see what happens

Probably bug**er all from my experience of ebay.
He's certainly hoovering up bikes from somewhere tho. Local plod ought to have a look at that one I reckon. £9k in 15 days?

e-rider

crappy member
The police will not investigate this unless you suspect one of the bikes to be yours. Ebay will do absolutely nothing - I've contacted them in the past.

That's why bike theft is such a huge problem - it's so easy to get away with.

Even if this guy got caught he'd not get more than a £300 fine; which considering he's just made 9K in 2 weeks, isn't going to worry him very much!

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
RRCC said:

i reported them as well... I felt like fake bidding £1000s for them all so they'd have to be relisted but I think my real identity is visible when you bid.

So how easy is it to create new ebay identites and mess with the bidding process?

That one is so obviously a street thief or maybe he's just pinching them from a warehouse. Either way ebay should be doing more to stop sales of stolen goods.

bikebuyer

I was the "lucky" winner of the auction for the pink pashley on ebay yesterday. For a number of reasons (additional to those given above) it is obviously a stolen bike. I am liasing with poilce as to what to do next, as the seller is currently waiting for my cash.

e-rider

crappy member
bikebuyer said:
I was the "lucky" winner of the auction for the pink pashley on ebay yesterday. For a number of reasons (additional to those given above) it is obviously a stolen bike. I am liasing with poilce as to what to do next, as the seller is currently waiting for my cash.

so what is happening currently - more details please

Top Bottom