Pink!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
There's recently been a discussion on the TdF thread about women's cycling, and the sexism around the podium lovelies etc. I've also posted in the in-laws thread about how I don't want my daughter growing up surrounded by the colour pink (I believe it perpetuates negative gender stereotypes).

So I turn on the women's circuit racing and what do I see? Bloody pink everywhere! Pink race numbers and every team bar Wiggle Honda wearing pink kit!

Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!! I hates it!!!!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
And Wiggle have the best looking kit.

ayceejay

Guru
I have told this story here before but here goes:
A woman I was designing a garden for wouldn't be shifted from her all pink
colour scheme try as I might and I had to use some artistic license so that
it didn't look flat. Anyway the husband saw me to the door and when we were
outside he said
"Do you know why she likes pink so much?"
"No" I say "why?"
"Because that is the colour of the labia"
I am really glad he didn't say that on the way in, so to speak, I was totally
gobsmacked:eek:

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
My brother's missus felt the same as you and tried blocking all things pink from her daughter's world. The result? Now it her favourite colour.

My daughter, always a girlie girl dressed very much in pink. She has now grown out of it 90% and wears it no more than any other colour. She's 12.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
My brother's missus felt the same as you and tried blocking all things pink from her daughter's world. The result? Now it her favourite colour.

My daughter, always a girlie girl dressed very much in pink. She has now grown out of it 90% and wears it no more than any other colour. She's 12.
We don't want to block all pink from her world, we just don't want all her world to be pink. We inherited enough clothes to last her first 6 months, every item pink. We think it's reasonable to say that's enough for now.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I don't much like pink, purple, lilac and......well, you get the idea!
I sway towards blues and turquoise - I don't really like dark colours.

the_craig

Über Member
Real men wear pink...

pantani_piancavallo_2.jpg

oldroadman

Veteran
The odd thing about all this - pink was a male colour well into the 19th century, or thereabouts.- then some early marketer started using pink for girls....
Ale-Cipollini usually have a very flou yellow strip, changed to pink the same was as Once used to at TdF, to show respect to the yellow jersey. I watched the recording and pink was not exactly "in your face", or perhaps I missed it because I actually focussed on the bike racing in difficult conditions!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
We don't want to block all pink from her world, we just don't want all her world to be pink. We inherited enough clothes to last her first 6 months, every item pink. We think it's reasonable to say that's enough for now.
My daughter had just returned and exchanged all the pink clothing she was given for her newborn baby girl.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Well speaking for meself an all, I wore a rather dashing pair of pink drainpipe strides to work today.

You seem to have come over all gawdblessyouMaryPoppins. And there's you criticising Brabant accents as well. You lovable Cockney stereotype, you.

Top Bottom