Place names and earworms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
It often happens when I'm out on the bike, I'll get a song stuck in my head that has seemingly come from nowhere, but then I think back a few minutes and find a link to a place I've been through or a sign I've seen.

Last night, shortly after riding through Upton - Upton on Severn to be precise - I got two songs playing over and over in my head. One was a horror by Billy Joel, and the other a jaunty little number by Althea and Donna.

See me in me pants an ting - oh!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves.
I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves ...
All day long..

:smile:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
It often happens when I'm out on the bike, I'll get a song stuck in my head that has seemingly come from nowhere, but then I think back a few minutes and find a link to a place I've been through or a sign I've seen.

Last night, shortly after riding through Upton - Upton on Severn to be precise - I got two songs playing over and over in my head. One was a horror by Billy Joel, and the other a jaunty little number by Althea and Donna.

See me in me pants an ting - oh!
:smile: Downriver from Upton Top Rankin and Upton Girl...

OP
OP
robjh

robjh

Legendary Member
This street in Uppingham brought out a bit of madness in my head
orange street.JPG

I just kept on running...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Here's one example of many ...

I embarrassed myself on my Yorkshire Dales forum ride from Settle. I was riding along with a CycleChat member who I had met for the first time that morning. We had just entered a little village and I saw that it was called Clapham. I turned to face the other rider, smiled, and burst into song ...

ColinJ: "I never thought it could happen, with me and a girl from Clapham, out on the windy common, that night I aint forgotten."

Other Rider, looking startled: "Sorry?"

CJ, cheerfully: "Squeeze!"

OR: "Huh?"

CJ, faltering: "Up the Junction?"

OR, now looking worried about riding with me: "Eh?"

CJ, going red, feeling foolish: "Never mind, you are probably too young to remember 70s chart hits!"

When I lived up in Warwickshire, whenever we rode on the A46 past Stratford on Avon, we would pass a sign for Lower Clopton, that had, invariably, had the name "Eric" inserted between the two words. Always made me sing Layla.

Top Bottom