PlanetX

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Okeydokey

Its a strange thing but... sometimes when a company appears to become successful things get worse. Probably the worst online transaction I have ever experienced.
I am greeted with a telephone answering service that apologises for the delay in my delivery. I have only just ordered it. Paypal may be at fault, or operators may be to blame but please for the love of God (which ever one you appreciate), how can this be? I am only trying to buy lights for a cycle, honestly, three phone calls, three emails... whatever next?

Edit: Order number SO 0832721 - keep it, keep the money

Tin Pot

Guru
That's nuffin'

Try ordering an iPhone from vodafone with free NowTV for Vodafone.

Week 9...

OP
OP
Okeydokey

Okeydokey

Yep! I have emails from them now on accounts I didn't give them the details of, they are trying to deliver to addresses that I vacated years ago, using payment methods I gave up a while ago. You have to love progress!

ayceejay

Guru
Living where I do most of my bike kit shopping is done online. There is not much to distinguish one UK store from another in terms of price and choice and as long as things go smoothly then everything is hunky dory. The difference comes when there is a problem and that difference is how it is dealt with. Planet X have been good to me and do try to offer a service and answer questions with some knowledge of what they are selling which is not true of some of the others.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
No issue with Planet X for me. I had a wheelset that pinged a few spokes in their first year. I spoke to customer service, sent the wheels back foc was updated regularly by email and received the wheels back relaced with new spokes in a week. Never had any issues getting many other orders from them.
They are also one of the best value retailers out there. You get genuine bargains and good quality own brand kit and bikes. They may not be perfect and you may get the odd issue but they aren't half bad.

OP
OP
Okeydokey

Okeydokey

Hacienda: Maybe I got the bad half. I doubt I will get a credit, reminds me when my mum bought some fish from... nvm, anyway fk em!

jack smith

Veteran
Planet x have always been terrible with me, ive ordered things and been told they wont send them due to not having it (they had it listed at £5 less on ebay) yet they still hadit in stock on their actual website and still do now and they refused to send that one saying it was different ect and loads of other rubbish, ive had orders cancelled without being told or refunded and allsorts.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've not had any problems with PlanetX myself.

e-rider

crappy member
it appears that taking online payments, packing items and shipping them, requires some sort of dark magic that nobody really understands.
I have used every 'mainstream' online cycle shop in the UK and had trouble with all of them.
Wiggle seems to be one of the most reliable and one of the best at sorting problems out, certainly not the cheapest though.

Top Bottom