Plastic Bike Bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damitamit

Anyone know an alternative to the CTC Plastic Bike bag, as Wiggle seem to be out of stock and nowhere else sells it (the CTC shop seems to be a wiggle shop)?

I need one by next Friday (3rd Feb), as going for a week of touring in Spain.

Thanks
Amit

jamin100

Guru
outdoorprotection.co.uk - actually have just checked and it says sold out. Guess you could ring them and see when they expect more stock

You could hire a Bike Alan bike box? I don't know where abouts you are but I know Bike Shack at Altrincham hire them, and the company themselves do as well I think. I used one when I went to Lanzarote, and while I've never used a bike bag I wouldn't entertain anything but the Bike Alan bike box now.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
There is a HUGE difference in a C2C plastic bag and a bike Alan Bike box. We are really not talking about the same thing are we?

I have just ordered 2 CTC bags and am hoping they get here soon. When they get here I am going to use one as a template to see if I can make one out of spinnaker cloth. It will be the same size, stronger and lighter than the plastic bag and will have a velcro fastening all the way round and can be made in any colour. I will also make a small stuff bag for it to go into. I am a sailmaker by profession and have all the gear.

If it works out I will send you one as long as you come on here and scream as loud as you can, how brilliant it was (with photos) and tell everyone else that they should have one.

PM your e mail address . It will be too late for this trip but ok for your next one.

Steve

OP
OP
D

damitamit

I tried emailing CTC but no reply.

Gonna try and get a big double matress polythene bag from a bed shop.

Steve, thats a very nice offer! However I havent got any other touring trips planned this year (annual leave all booked up :sad:) so I might not be the best person to send one too.

Amit

rualexander

Legendary Member
Probably too late for you now but Bike Adventures do a similar bag to the CTC bag :
http://www.bikeadventures.co.uk/shop.html

Jonathon Bishop

There is a HUGE difference in a C2C plastic bag and a bike Alan Bike box. We are really not talking about the same thing are we?

I have just ordered 2 CTC bags and am hoping they get here soon. When they get here I am going to use one as a template to see if I can make one out of spinnaker cloth. It will be the same size, stronger and lighter than the plastic bag and will have a velcro fastening all the way round and can be made in any colour. I will also make a small stuff bag for it to go into. I am a sailmaker by profession and have all the gear.

If it works out I will send you one as long as you come on here and scream as loud as you can, how brilliant it was (with photos) and tell everyone else that they should have one.

PM your e mail address . It will be too late for this trip but ok for your next one.

Steve
The idea of a "sail bag" sounds great - very strong and light. I am planning a couple of weeks in S. Italy in October and, depending on price, would be interested in a couple of your bike bags for the flight down to Bari and thereafter. Any chance you will go into production? Regards JKB

JamieRegan

Steve

You should make it so that it doubles up as an actual sail for those 'windy uphill cycles'.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I ordered my CTC bags from Wiggle Ltd in Mid January but they still have not arrived. As soon as they arrive I will have a measure up and see what I can come up with.

Steve

jay clock

Massive member
Steve, I tried before to get something like this done. My suggestion if you can do it is not to have velcro all round - will just rip open. The ideal would be a zip across one end. My Bike adventures one is 1200x2050mm and flat design (ie not a box shape when fully open). My suggestion would be to print the words "Bike bag" or similar, and to make from as translucent as a material as possible so baggage handlers can see what it is. Feel free to PM me if you fancy a partnership making/selling these. I am not looking to make money, but see a market for them

bigjim

Legendary Member
My suggestion would be to print the words "Bike bag" or similar, and to make from as translucent as a material as possible so baggage handlers can see what it is.
I've given you a link to a cheap [£6] bike bag that is already printed up. Have a look.

Top Bottom