Please ignore. I am a numpty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
105.jpg

To my eye the bottom pulley should rotate in an anticlockwise direction but the arrow on it points clockwise... Brand new just out of the box.. so I think I will just turn it round.

The tooth profile is different.

D

Deleted member 23692

It's correct - it rotates clockwise

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
View attachment 81554

To my eye the bottom pulley should rotate in an anticlockwise direction but the arrow on it points clockwise... Brand new just out of the box.. so I think I will just turn it round.

The tooth profile is different.
It's been made totally wrong, and no amount of pulley swapping or fettling will make it serviceable. Post it to me and I'll dispose of it for you via an approved environmentally acceptable process*

* Ebay

young Ed

Veteran
yeah, when pedaling forwards at least it is supposed to spin clockwise :smile: that is of course looking at it from the drive train or off side of the bike

not a numpty, we all make silly mistakes occasionally and that's what this forum is here for :smile: one of my most memorable is inflating a tyre to 15 PSI and riding it, there is a fair few pages on that on here somewhere! all i can remember is a lot of very tyreing puns and a lot of micky taking and i ended up slightly embarrassed!
Cheers Ed

yeah, when pedaling forwards at least it is supposed to spin clockwise :smile: that is of course looking at it from the drive train or off side of the bike

not a numpty, we all make silly mistakes occasionally and that's what this forum is here for :smile: one of my most memorable is inflating a tyre to 15 PSI and riding it, there is a fair few pages on that on here somewhere! all i can remember is a lot of very tyreing puns and a lot of micky taking and i ended up slightly embarrassed!
Cheers Ed
I still tell the story of "the day Young Ed admitted he'd messed up his tyre pressures on the internet" to the family around the table at Christmas day.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I must have missed that thread, could you provide a link for those who missed it the first time round:giggle:

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
At least you have me to keep you company, I who knoweth not which way round his chain doth rotate.

School spanner syndrome strikes again !

Top Bottom