Pointlessly Gendered Product - Christmas Competition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
I've just been renewing my car insurance via comparison sites. The cheapest quote, which I have accepted, was from Go Girl Insurance. This is an internet only company so you have to print out your own documents, which of course came out barbie pink.

Ganymede

Veteran
I've just been renewing my car insurance via comparison sites. The cheapest quote, which I have accepted, was from Go Girl Insurance. This is an internet only company so you have to print out your own documents, which of course came out barbie pink.
That's a weird site. You're not supposed to discriminate by gender in selling insurance - is this a way of doing it without actually saying so? I mean, they don't say you have to be a woman to have their insurance, but it's completely aimed at women and I bet the majority of the people using the site to get quotes are female. Maybe by discouraging young blokes from using the site because of the pinkness, they are lowering their risk?

Ganymede

Veteran
Stade_Francais.jpg
MY EYES!!!! MY EYES!!!! I'M BLIND!!!!!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You've got a big job ahead of you ....

View attachment 62144

(it will be interesting how quickly google finds this thread, and thus gets a link for that search)
The search engine Duchduckgo.com seems to have an altogether more intelligent algorithm. RSBB turns up The Ramrod Gay Leather Bar in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. How did they know about the pink discussion here?
http://www.jumponmarkslist.com/us/f...i-leather-uniform-gay-bar-fort-lauderdale.php

It's an odd one, isn't it? I think because of the seemingly incessant feminisation of pink, wearing or using pink becomes seen as a distinctly - deliberate - feminine act. Remember that women have far greater choice in styles of clothing in the workplace (though presenting the TV news in the same suit for a year would not be acceptable for a woman - to other women). Women can quite acceptably dress in skirt or trousers in the average workplace. Men cannot turn up in skirts. (Tartanians on ceremonial occasions may get away with it.)

I was surprised a couple of years ago on a Sunday London Ride when a rider of this parish turned up in a pink Rapha jacket and picked up a fairly sustained amount of ribbing.
The daft thing is the pre-wwi (could have been pre-wwi) pink was considered a boys colour, blue was for girls and all babies are dressed in white.

Top Bottom