Pointlessly Gendered Product - Christmas Competition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Saw this the other day when I was looking up spong mincers like what one does. I can't work out why it's blue though.

advertspong.jpg

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Saw this the other day when I was looking up spong mincers like what one does. I can't work out why it's blue though.

Now that's a double entendre even @Fnaar wouldn't touch. :eek:

That's not a great list.

Some of them are really egregious, but seeing there is only 9, surely they should all be.
  1. Shower gel - it's perfumed, and as a society we have decided that men and women wear different fragrances, so that seems fine.
  2. The toy guns - surely it's only "pointlessly" gendered if you take a gender neutral item and make it pink. Most of those guns are clearly for boys only "Billy the Kid", "Doc Holliday", "Lawman" - so why not make one clearly for girls too.
  3. The Clif Bar. It full of vitamins that support fertility and pregnancy. That seems justified.
  4. Bibs - ok, maybe that is pointless but almost all baby clothes are pointlessly gendered. Why pick on bibs?
Edit

They must be monitoring this thread.
I think they would have done much better if they'd been monitoring us.

Arch

Married to Night Train

advertspong.jpg

My Mum had one, I think it must have been the 'tangerine' variety (it was bright orange)

Top Bottom