Pointlessly Gendered Product - Christmas Competition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Pink-Tool-Kit.png

http://everymomneeds.com/pink-tool-kit/
Actually, pink tools may be useful if it stops blokes nicking them!

Ganymede

Veteran
This is definitely true. As I think I've mentioned elsewhere, my sis has floral-decorated tools and she says the great thing is that she can always find them.

Scuba regulators? This is got to be top of the pile now!

Yay me!

Glow worm

Legendary Member

That is definately true. My wife got fed up with me shuffling off down the allotment with a lot of her decent garden tools (and frequently leaving them there) sp she bought a load of pink stuff. The pink watering can is certainly staying put!

Last edited:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Question for the men who wouldn't use pink tools / whatever. Do you mind if I ask why not? Just curious.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Question for the men who wouldn't use pink tools / whatever. Do you mind if I ask why not? Just curious.
It's an odd one, isn't it? I think because of the seemingly incessant feminisation of pink, wearing or using pink becomes seen as a distinctly - deliberate - feminine act. Remember that women have far greater choice in styles of clothing in the workplace (though presenting the TV news in the same suit for a year would not be acceptable for a woman - to other women). Women can quite acceptably dress in skirt or trousers in the average workplace. Men cannot turn up in skirts. (Tartanians on ceremonial occasions may get away with it.)

I was surprised a couple of years ago on a Sunday London Ride when a rider of this parish turned up in a pink Rapha jacket and picked up a fairly sustained amount of ribbing.

Top Bottom