Pooh....Not healing quick enough for IoW...!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Empathies SnG :ohmy:

Doesn't look nice - and I missed the post about how it came to be like that ....... just as well :rofl:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Well, I've trawled the Cafe archives and found your original informative post about how it happened - and I must say, they're a pretty (unsym)pathetic, hard-case bunch on CC :biggrin:

Not a lot of sympathy going around - unless you had done the 'bandsaw job' :eek: !

Still, if you can handle the pain of climbing a few good hills on a randonee or whatever, what's a little throb in the finger ? Less weight to drag up the hills :ohmy:

Stick a plaster on it and get thee to the IoW :rofl:

kyuss

Veteran
Hang on, you've let that little scratch stop you riding? You need a little dose of HTFU. :rofl: Careful, link is NSW.

I've got some diclofenac and tramadol I could send you. You could ride the IoW missing a leg when doped up on that stuff.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
What exactly is holding you back?

Your not pedalling with your finger :rofl:

I've played rugby with worse wounds than that.

I'm sure that a pootle round an Audax will not do you much harm.

OP
OP
stoatsngroats
scoosh said:
Empathies SnG :sad:

Thanks...:rolleyes:

HLaB said:
Ouch, there's still plenty of time before the weekend, I hope you heal soon.

Thanks....:sad:

scoosh said:
Well, I've trawled the Cafe archives and found your original informative post about how it happened - and I must say, they're a pretty (unsym)pathetic, hard-case bunch on CC :blush:
Some are, arn't they...:biggrin:

scoosh said:
Stick a plaster on it and get thee to the IoW :tongue:

thats 1....

Keith Oates said:
The finger is undoubtedly still very sore but I would have thought with some care a ride around the IOW was still possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats 2....

kyuss said:
I've got some diclofenac and tramadol I could send you. You could ride the IoW missing a leg when doped up on that stuff.

Thats 3....

vernon said:
I'm sure that a pootle round an Audax will not do you much harm.

Thats 4.....:ohmy:

Well, the problem I had, when I posted this thread, was one of feeling sorry for myself.....I'd had the dressing off, and was hoping for an improvement in the wound! (After only 2 weeks...!), but it seemed the same as before, and, because I've been REALLY concerned at causing some problem to it, I've stayed off my bike (- that, and the possibilty of not being able to 'grab' the brake as quick as I may need).

I've also not had my 100 mile training ride which was planned for the day after I did the injury, meant I felt like I wouldn't be able to ride far..(my previous long distance being just short of 70 miles).

And, my plan for the IoW ride, was to cycle to Portsmouth, ride the island, and ride back from Portsmouth, making 125 miles...!

So, you can see the reasons for my disappointment.........:blush:

Thanks to all that posted comments......I really needed them!

Well, after so many comments saying I'm a weak-woosy-pu$$y, and the offer by my OH to use the car, it appers I'm now able to attend!!! (so, Who's the man now...! ;) )

Weather pending then, I'll be riding the IoW......HOORAY!!:biggrin::biggrin:

You can always trail it (your finger) in the Solent on the way over, the salt water should help it to heal:biggrin:.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Get riding fella, you'll be surprised how an enforced short rest will leave you feeling fresh.

It's not going to scab over much with dressings - that's the point, reduces scarring. Just keep it clean, and be careful putting the gloves on.....

Just see if you can pull the levers - if so, then you are off....

Nasty little bugger that injury.....

Top Bottom