Porsche should be selling bumper cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

He was born in America, he died in America, what do you expect, they are like teenagers, they never take responsibility for anything & it's always somebody elses fault

tyred

Legendary Member
Sounds like driver error. I'd like to think it would be flung out of court but know the Americans, probably not.

I once cut myself on broken glass while changing a cracked headlamp on my old Golf. I better sue VW,

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 4025229, member: 9609"]I hope he succeeds and I hope the longer term outcome will be to prevent such vehicles being allowed on the highway. There is no place in modern day society for cars that can exceed 80mph or accelerate to that speed in a few seconds.[/QUOTE]
There is also no place in modern day society for such luddite views, but you appear to have them

Neilsmith

I hate this culture, I got hit head on in my car when I was on my side of the carriageway and the solicitors who tried to make me sue for damages couldn't understand why I wasn't interested. I wasn't hurt what did I need to sue for?

D

Deleted member 26715

But who says there is no need? I personally believe there is no need for an Iphone but I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands on here that have them, once you get onto that slippery slope you may as well go live in Russia or North Korea

gavintc

Guru
[QUOTE 4025330, member: 9609"]so what need is there to create a 600 horse pwer car aimed primarily at road transport - if it is not to be driven fast then what exactly is its purpose[/QUOTE]
The driver thinks it makes him look more desirable.

Levo-Lon

Guru
My ducato van does a ton..but id love a super car..safer than a 190 mph bike

porsche are German...and Germany has Autobahns..simple..
As for daft US claims.. the wanabago claim was funny..

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Sounds like driver error. I'd like to think it would be flung out of court but know the Americans, probably not.

I once cut myself on broken glass while changing a cracked headlamp on my old Golf. I better sue VW,
Best you take a tent...the queue is quite long

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4025406, member: 259"]I'd love a Porsche but .... I'd be too terrified to actually drive it.[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't, honest.

The 911 (which is the model most people imagine when the think "Porsche") is well known as an everyday supercar. The auto option makes it as easy to drive as a golf...actually a very similar drive to a dsg golf gti.

The manual version is also very tidy around town...no heavy clutch or frightening bite.

I have a feeling the older flavours were more of a handful, especially with no driver assist keeping the back end in check.

D

Deleted member 26715

But like this country the idiots know that they have a 99.99% chance of getting away with it.
Especially when you report an officer to the Chief Constable for doing 48mph in a 30mph zone according to the speed sign in the village, the response was the onboard claimed it was only doing 32mph. When I suggested there was either a serious issue with either the sign or the car I never heard back.

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 4025330, member: 9609"]so what need is there to create a 600 horse pwer car aimed primarily at road transport - if it is not to be driven fast then what exactly is its purpose[/QUOTE]
How many 600bhp+ cars are there on the road, I have no idea but suspect as a % it is very small, do you have any idea what is involved to get to that number?

I'm more concerned at the 17 year old in his 1.2 Corsa doing 70mph that a 'Super Car' doing 80mph have you seen the brakes on a Porsche

Tin Pot

Guru
[QUOTE 4025168, member: 45"]So a number of people close to Paul Walker are suing Porsche because their car didn't save his life when the mate of his who was driving like an idiot slammed it into a post and killed them both.

Why are these claims taken seriously?[/QUOTE]

This has been running a while. I am pretty sceptical of the US judiciary and suspect it is more about how much the Justice Dept wants to punish Porsche than it is about the case itself.

The US loves penalising foreign companies. Plus the emissions scandal.

Tin Pot

Guru
[QUOTE 4025406, member: 259"]I'd love a Porsche but I can't afford one and I'd be too terrified to actually drive it.[/QUOTE]

The handling is sensational. My wife is too scare to drive it.

Have a look at used prices, you might be surprised.

Top Bottom