posh pubs..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
just been for a 55 miler with my mate. it was absolutely :rain:it down and windy as hell. the plan was to cycle the 55 mile loop, stopping off half way at an old pub i've often ridden past for a bite to eat.

so we gets there and they are just opening up, the landlord looked mean and i thought, he ain't happy to see us.

anyway, he was nice as pie, welcomed us in and when we walked in... it wasn't a pub... IT WAS POSH RESTAURANT with a tiny bar!

and we were soaked through and dripping! ha ha. we asked him if he wanted us to just sit at the bar and he was like, no, no, come in and sit at a posh table

ha ha.

really nice landlord. it was called the Great Western and it had a steam train going around the ceiling.

i'm warming up by the fire with a cuppa back at home now

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Oooh...my Dad would like it there!

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Cathryn said:
Oooh...my Dad would like it there!

well, if you're ever in the Warwickshire area, let me know and i'll tell you where it is. Not sure it's worth a trip down especially though, it only does a figure of eight. nice touch tho.

The guy said there used to be steam train in the garden (a proper steam train engine) but the health and safety police took it away.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I cycled past a pub in Handcross yesterday that refused me entry 15 years ago because I was wearing shorts. It was a stinking hot day and the barman said I was inappropriately dressed. I told him that, given the weather, I was very appropriately dressed but we left in high dudgeon - never to return. It's probably different nowadays.

rich p said:
I cycled past a pub in Handcross yesterday that refused me entry 15 years ago because I was wearing shorts. It was a stinking hot day and the barman said I was inappropriately dressed. I told him that, given the weather, I was very appropriately dressed but we left in high dudgeon - never to return. It's probably different nowadays.

Should've torched the place! :laugh: ;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Dayvo said:
Should've torched the place! :laugh: ;)

It's no good having regrets!

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
fossyant said:
You are a lady in lycra...won't 'appen to a sweaty fella like me........

i was with a sweaty fella. which reminds me... we cycled past a runner on the way back. he was well fit. i looked back and gave him a cheeky grin. then he ran past us later on up the road when we had stopped.. gave him another cheeky smile, got one back. then we caught him up again and as i passed him i shouted "hello sexy... [and then pointed at my mate] ... ignore him, he's just my grandad" ;) heehee.

Abitrary

buggi said:
i was with a sweaty fella. which reminds me... we cycled past a runner on the way back. he was well fit. i looked back and gave him a cheeky grin. then he ran past us later on up the road when we had stopped.. gave him another cheeky smile, got one back. then we caught him up again and as i passed him i shouted "hello sexy... [and then pointed at my mate] ... ignore him, he's just my grandad" ;) heehee.

this reads like some sort of sordid scene from a carry on film.

I had you down as as classy bird, buggi, a bit like audrey tatou mixed up with, er, audrey hepburn. Lot's of audreys put in a blender and mixed up.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
we had breakfast at the Oriel cafe in Sloane Square yesterday morning. And we were welcome, lycra and all. But this doesn't really compare to shopping at Max Mara in New Bond Street and the doorman looking after my bike. And being given a cup of tea because it was a cold day.

I have a theory, which I'll run by you. A lot of people who dine or shop at smart places are insufferably grand. I've been in smart places and the behaviour of some of the other customers has been toe-curlingly embarrassing. Buggi turns up, and, if her posts are anything to go by, turns up with a smile and not much by way of pretension. That's going to be welcome.

Top Bottom