Post editing - change to time window

Shaun

Founder
I've extended the time window for editing posts your own posts:

• Members - Can now edit for up to 3 days from posting
  • CC Extras subscribers - Can now always edit own posts (no time limit)
(Note: the only exception to this is the For Sale forum in Classifieds where no editing is allowed.)

If you would like unlimited editing then you can subscribe to CC Extras (and get additional account features too).

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That's better!

I have a thread running about a forum ride on Saturday. I'm also thinking of repeating the ride the following weekend and would like to extend the current thread but amend the thread title with the new date. In the past, we couldn't do something like that ourselves. Will subscribers now be able to edit thread titles or will we still need to PM you to do it for us?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you report it or PM a Mod we can change the thread title for you.
That's what I've always done in the past, I was just wondering if there were plans to let us do it ourselves.

I know it would be open to abuse, or could cause confusion which is why it is normally disallowed. 

It was possible to do it on the old C+ forum and I did it on a busy thread that I'd started and it annoyed a lot of people! I was teasing some of the more strident posters but it just wound them up even more...

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
No, I've no plans to allow thread title editing.

Just use the Report Post feature and in the report comments ask for the adjustment you'd like to have made.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom