England : Lancashire Preston and Blackburn riders' meet, 22 September.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Lancashire riders, where were you? Only TWO turned up, Kiwi-Sal from Houghton and Pennine-Paul from Oldham. Luckily I brought reinforcements:

IMG-20120922-00537_zpscdf94cf3.jpg

Kiwi-Sal, my riding buddy Alex, me, Pennine-Paul, my neighbour Dave and Gti Junior enjoying the sun at Dunsop Bridge.

Thankyou very much for a wonderful day yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed my self and it was lovely to meet you all. Globalti you were absolutely right about Trevor's cafe - the food was delicious!

Agreed tho....where are all the northern riders??? I see them posting. Surely they cant be of the arm-chair variety?

pally83

Über Member
I've been training for the Lancashire Loop and had a bigger ride planned as a last effort. Ended up sick in bed anyway.

Will look out for the next one - Saturdays are usually good riding days for me.

Twas a good day out yesterday,i had to slacken the pace off on the return leg,
didn't want to burn out by Whalley with another 30 plus miles to do,
About 97 miles for me yesterday (the scenic route to Chipping had me foxed a bit)

And no more Peanut butter for me,I seem to have become allergic to the things,
had difficulty eating one at the cafe which i put down to being a bit dehydrated and
cycling at a higher cadence than normal,looks like my throat was reacting to the peanuts,
Spent an hour on the toilet when I got home with severe colicky pains,
I had similar pains after eating a bag the other week but put that down to being a greedy pig:mrpig:
Gonna have to check all my foods for peanuts now, Can be fatal in some cases :eek:

Actually got my 100 in as i rode to the FIL's for a b/day drink before going home :cheers:

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Blimey Paul, you need to be careful! One thing I have learned is that allergies come and go as age advances, I used to suffer terribly with hay fever but it doesn't bother me but now I find it difficult to digest milk products - not an allergy really, just an ageing problem. Peanuts do give me wind and bad colic.

Great to see you and you get the hero of the day award, riding fixed from Rochdale and back! I went on from Whalley and had a fantastic, beautiful ride to Wigglesworth, Bell Busk, Gargrave and finished at a BBQ near Skipton. What a great day's cycling!

Am now in Lagos, Nigeria, enjoying a very cold Gulder beer in a sweltering, overpriced hotel!

Blimey Paul, you need to be careful! One thing I have learned is that allergies come and go as age advances, I used to suffer terribly with hay fever but it doesn't bother me but now I find it difficult to digest milk products - not an allergy really, just an ageing problem. Peanuts do give me wind and bad colic.

Never had hay fever up until last year,only seems to be certain plants that set me off
eyes start steaming/stinging then fades away after a few minutes,till I come into contact
with the same plant,then it's off again

Any further rides in the pipeline? Just got back on to CC and looking for rides/riding buddies to get me out of the house for in the Preston/Blackburn/Hoghton Area!

Top Bottom