Pro Transfers for 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
Speculate to your heart's content or report facts if you must :

OPQS appear to be getting Uran^2 from SKY along with Renshaw and maybe even Petacchi to form a dedicated leadout train.

Chavanel may be on the move from OPQS though, reports linking him to AG2R, who also are linked to Rui Costa from Movistar...

Obviously the Euskaltel-Euskadi closure will mean there are a few riders looking for contracts - as @oldroadman suggested, there might be Russian cash put on the table to create a dedicated Tinkoff team. I guess money is money at the end of the day and despite the similar ways of Katusha, most people have a soft spot for Joachim Rodriguez.

Despite the occasional speculation, I doubt Wiggo is going anywhere next year. Ben Swift...? Conspicuous by his lack of results...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I read somewhere that Sky were interested in Rui Costa too but that seems unlikely.
Something must happen at BMC to ginger things up but I'm not sure quite what!

Uran defo going i think. I like Chavanel and Rui Costa. Would be good move for AG2R to secure both.

What of Evans and BMC i wonder? Is TJ a Grand tour winner? BMC are going to need some success sooner rather than later.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Laurens Ten Dam to Sky? He'd be a good fit.

Wiggo to BMC? Depends what are his ambitions for next season. He won't be a GC man if he stays at Sky.

Tejay to Cannondale? Completely made-up rumour I just invented but why not? They need a GC man.

Ben Swift-by-name is not on an upward career path at Sky.

Far too late in the day for a still-theoretical Tinkoff team to get a World Tour spot next season - but a couple of the underperforming WT teams (Vacansoleil, Lampre) must be relieved Euskaltel folded, with the UCI needing to reduce the roster by one, and they'd better watch their backs for 2015.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Something must happen at BMC to ginger things up but I'm not sure quite what!

What of Evans and BMC i wonder? Is TJ a Grand tour winner? BMC are going to need some success sooner rather than later.

BMC do appear to have squandered that cash somewhat (edit : on the results side) and yes, it appears something ought to change. That said I imagine their involvement in the sport has worked well to help them sell bikes.
I hope Cadel is kept and given chances but that TJ gets more individual opportunity too. It seems to me that it is the World Champs in BMC, Hoshovd, Ballan & Gilbert (unfortunately) who don't really show that much for them.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Rui Costa to Lampre would be a mutually beneficial arrangement.

You are right to bring up Lampre - surely a mass clear out is on the cards ?

Edit : and also a good point with regards to the number of Pro teams - one fewer would bring it back to the target of 18 I think and make a small difference to the teams lower down the pecking order who have to compete for the scraps all the time.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
You are right to bring up Lampre - surely a mass clear out is on the cards ?

Lampre have some quality young talent on their roster but seem intent on persisting with Scarponi and Cunego despite the clear evidence that those duffers can no longer ride like they used to, for whatever reason.

Ulissi, Malori, Cattaneo, Cimolai, Anacona... some real potential there.

oldroadman

Veteran
Lampre have some quality young talent on their roster but seem intent on persisting with Scarponi and Cunego despite the clear evidence that those duffers can no longer ride like they used to, for whatever reason.

Ulissi, Malori, Cattaneo, Cimolai, Anacona... some real potential there.

What reason would that be?

Top Bottom