problems putting my head down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

My friend is a copper in cumbria, she was telling me about the sad case of a cyclist death that she had to attend.

He was cycling along country roads and decided to really go for it.....put his head down, into the drops and powered downhill. Unfortunatley a threshing machine / combine harvester ....(which ever one has the protruding metal spikes) pulled out of a field and into the road. The cyclist with his head down, did not see the machine pull out and rammed straight into the back of it impaling himself onto several spikes.

Now im finding it difficult to get my head down as every time i do, this image keeps popping into my head.xx(:biggrin:!

Mr Pig

It doesn't matter what you're driving, you should be looking where you are going.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't stick your head down then..... When I used to TT, they were always saying "If we see you with your head down' you'll be disqualified" - reason is there had been numerous accidents in the country, and one lad (in the area) rode into the back of a horse box.... neck/head injuries...

You should always look, no matter how hard you are going. Bit like that stupid GB squad rider (MTB'er) that rammed into the front of a pickup (head down and on wrong side of the road)....

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Inquest into death of a pal of mine 20-odd years ago (on a moped, hit back of parked lorry) reckoned 'head-down-not concentrating' was one possibility... :becool:

Kirstie

Über Member
fossyant said:
You should always look, no matter how hard you are going. Bit like that stupid GB squad rider (MTB'er) that rammed into the front of a pickup (head down and on wrong side of the road)....

Rachel Atherton - Downhiller.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Not funny but I've rode into the back of a bus (several years ago) doing just that. Luckily I wasn't going particularly fast and yes the schoolkids on the back of the bus did see the incedent and took the piss liberally.

Top Bottom