Rabbits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The few I've seen are pretty supine and inactive. I'd rather have a clever cat like an oriental, they're much more entertaining.

Ganymede

Veteran
Fun fact: Gene Hackman keeps house rabbits and is very fond of them.

... So you could ask him, I guess?

I did meet one years ago, the young woman who owned it lived in a bedsit and assured us that the great thing was it pooed in the same place and it was dry stuff so very clean. She hadn't swept up in a while, then.... But the rabbit was sweet. Slightly dull, maybe?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
We had rabbits when I was a kid. The wild-eyed young female, pretentiously named Heloise by my mother, was a handful- biting everyone, digging up the whole county. This may be typical, or perhaps she longed desperately for a rabbity Abelard somewhere, and understandably loathed the captors who kept them apart. The youngest male was gentle and beautiful, with blue eyes and a waffly nose. He nibbled an air freshener and died, poisoned and gasping for breath. Rabbits - a whole world of sorrow.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
When I was young, we had a rabbit, Sooty, that used to have a yorkshire pudding for Sunday dinner. Our dog, Mandy, wouldn't eat yorkshire puddings until she realised that Sooty enjoyed them.
From then on, as long as she could steal Sooty's Sunday treat, she loved them..

Twinks

Über Member
As a kid I had a rabbit (kept in a cage:sad:). It lived there alone for five years, then a breeder locally decided he was a fine example of whatever breed he was (Yorkshire something or other) and he wanted to breed his doe with him. So one Saturday morning the poor little doe was dumped in Bunty's cage and they did what rabbits do......all day. Next day we found him dead in his cage.

My daughter had a house rabbit. He lived happily in house and garden for about 4 years and was very friendly and cuddly. As far as you could tell he was happy enough, always playing and would seek out her attention. IIRC she had him castrated. I think he made a smell before but it is a dangerous op for a small animal.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Rabbits are OK, but guinea pigs are my particular fave.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
That was how George met his end
P1020002LOMO_zpsuzscnixr.jpg
Looks like he's about to be run over ....

stephec

Legendary Member
As a kid I had a rabbit (kept in a cage:sad:). It lived there alone for five years, then a breeder locally decided he was a fine example of whatever breed he was (Yorkshire something or other) and he wanted to breed his doe with him. So one Saturday morning the poor little doe was dumped in Bunty's cage and they did what rabbits do......all day. Next day we found him dead in his cage.

My daughter had a house rabbit. He lived happily in house and garden for about 4 years and was very friendly and cuddly. As far as you could tell he was happy enough, always playing and would seek out her attention. IIRC she had him castrated. I think he made a smell before but it is a dangerous op for a small animal.
At least he went with a smile on his face.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Keep them in your house with you and they are the best pets ever.

You might have to bunny proof a few wires, but provided you let them out of their cage and have a good run around each day they will be no hassle. In fact, a lot more fun than many cats.

Mine used to belt up and down the stairs, hide in the curtains for a bit, chase me, then spend the evening sat on my lap watching tv with me.... Quality.

Only problem I found was it breaks your freaking heart when they die :sad:

Top Bottom