QUICK! My daughter arrives in Paris tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
She'll get a decent view wherever she stands, plenty opportunity to walk about and decide for herself - there are "big screens" at some points, so she could watch them approaching and the end of the race. When I went I walked about, stood for a bit and spoke to people and then moved on - I think I had a different view for every lap. Tell her to not get too hung up about staying in one spot!

When I went it was Lance-era so lots of Yanks who were a good laugh and were very good with my elder daughter who they ensured got to the front of the barriers to get a great view, they were not too happy* when I shouted to my daughter "that's him, in the yellow jersey, the doper I was telling you about..." :laugh:

* actually they did have a chuckle, when they turned round to find who had shouted it and found a big idiot Scotsman half way up a lamp-post grinning like a loon

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's now 2.40 French time and we will be heading out of our hotel at Porte Maillot soon to catch the caravanne but a French friend here has told us NOT to venture out without our passports. It's a bad idea at any time as there's lots of paranoia but today she says there will be security checks and we won't get near the Champs Elysees without ID.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well it wasn't as bad but all the roads leading onto the route are blocked by trucks and we were frisked on entering the area. This year the crowd barriers are 10 feet back from the road, behind all the trees and lamp posts to prevent a truck from swerving off the road.

Passport at any time is still a good idea though as people without ID have been detained and then bollocked by their own embassies.

Top Bottom