quick release campagnolo brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herlihy

Über Member
Hello.

Just got new bike with campag brakes. Anyone any ideas how to open the brakes to change a wheel

There's no obvious lever as on the shimano brakes on my other bike and internet searches aren't helping

Regards

Will1985

Über Member
There is a little bar on the brake lever just above the pivot which you want to push to the outside.

What Will1985 said.
Campag's caliper QR system is vastly superior to that hawked by Shi**no as it allows you to open the caliper before your team mechanic even gets out of the support vehicle thereby speeding up wheel changes. ;)

MartinC

Über Member
mickle said:
What Will1985 said.
Campag's caliper QR system is vastly superior to that hawked by Shi**no as it allows you to open the caliper before your team mechanic even gets out of the support vehicle thereby speeding up wheel changes. ;)

What they both said. The Campag QR is much superior 'cos the brake still works just as well if you've forgotten to reset it after taking the wheel out - and then you can still reset it while you're riding.

gavintc

Guru
It is hardly a problem to lean down and flick the little lever over. You campag lovers do make a mountain out of molehill.

MartinC

Über Member
gavintc said:
It is hardly a problem to lean down and flick the little lever over. You campag lovers do make a mountain out of molehill.

Bit sensitive! Not trying to be picky but the Campag brake is better 'cos it doesn't have a device which renders it useless if you forget to reset it. Leaning down to flick the QR over's a bit difficult if you've just had to brake to avoid hitting something and they didn't work - because by now the bike can be some distance from where you are. ;)

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I have the best of both worlds on one bike: Campy levers and Shimano brakes. I can undo both quick releases, thus leaving more room for sturdy tyres to slip between the brake blocks.

And the opportunity for twice the fun when I forget to do them both up again afterwards...

jpembroke

Uncle Phil said:
I have the best of both worlds on one bike: Campy levers and Shimano brakes. I can undo both quick releases, thus leaving more room for sturdy tyres to slip between the brake blocks.

And the opportunity for twice the fun when I forget to do them both up again afterwards...

Campag sullied by shimano brakes???????

<shudder>

Dave5N

Über Member
Uncle Phil said:

Shimano sullied by campag levers???????

<shudder>

jpembroke

Dave5N said:
Shimano sullied by campag levers???????

<shudder>

You are totally lacking in style and you have no shame. You are less hip than an elbow and should go lie down in a dark room without windows and just think about what you just said.

Go on!

jpembroke

MartinC said:
Yes, but Uncle Tullio won't make 57mm drop brakes! So I guess some people will stoop to this. There's always Tektro.

Yes, there is indeed Tektro, although they totally lack cool. It's a shame that their stylish sister TRP (they of the £180 Mag 'cross brakes) don't make a long drop dual pivot. Maybe it's the whole brake/mudguard thing; it just lacks style and therefore the Europeans won't touch it.

Top Bottom