Race fit.....NOT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After a week and a few days off the bike for a serious boil issue :blush: I decided today was a nice enough day to don the lycra again and off I went for a 10 mil steady ride to ease myself back into it, after 5 mile I heard a click over my right shoulder and when I looked there was a seasoned, man of considerable years on a bike with tri-bars and looked to be a Ti framed bike, we had a quick chat and exchanged pleasantries then he said he had to be off, we both said goodbye and he changed down a couple of gears, stood up and took off..........not wanting to be out done I dropped a couple of gears to ride the last mile before my turn off behind him and ........could I catch him........:cry:

My average speed was 16.5 overall and whilst chasing I was travelling the last half mile (after him) at 24mph, I really need to get out more now.

a bike with tri-bars and looked to be a Ti framed bike,

Big clue there as to what to expect. Got to watch out for those 'seasoned gents' as well, has probably spent his life on a bike. Or looks prematurely old due to the effects of spending lots of time on the bike in the sun and is actually 27. Or you're young enough to think anyone more than 20 is 'seasoned' :smile:

I've been off the bike for a month now due to work and definitely puffing and blowing to keep any speed up.

asterix

Comrade Member
Maybe he was just faster than you? Racers tend to cruise along at 18 mph.

As mentioned in my 'Ride Today', I did 44 miles at 17.6 mph on a tourer. Sadly I might fit the physical description you give too! And yes, I have been getting around by bike for many yonks.

I am glad to hear that your boil is better, they can be nasty.

Top Bottom