Rack and Panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kbrook

Veteran
I am planning to do my first bit of touring this summer. I don't have a specific touring bike so intend using my aluminium road bike which doesn't have any specific mounts for a rack. Does anybody have a set of panniers and maybe a rack that can be fitted to a road bike, I understand I may require some special clips to do the job.
In the absence of anybody selling any could anybody be kind enough to supply a link to panniers and rack which are reasonable quality and don't cost the earth.

Many thanks in advance.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
What's the bike? Some may know what will/won't fit.

Mike!

Guru
You can also get seat post clamps with built in rack mounts which are a good option for securing at the top.

Google "seat clamp rack mount"

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
Thanks User, my bike has neither , can you use p clips on the seat stays at the top and bottom?

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
Ive got my head around the top fitting either with a p clip or seat post mount, it's the bottom fixing I'm struggling to understand.

[QUOTE 4146157, member: 45"]P-clips. [/QUOTE]
+1 on P-clips (Google is your friend :smile:)
You can also get seat post clamps with built in rack mounts which are a good option for securing at the top.

Google "seat clamp rack mount"
Those I didn't know about - wish I had, all those years I "found" ways of attaching racks to the kids' bikes. Thank you! :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Last edited:
Top Bottom