Radiator covers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simoncc

I'm being badgered to buy some radiator covers because someone has suddenly decided that radiators are ugly. The radiator covers look much uglier to me and I'm sure they are a bit down market like those brass light fittings with three lamps and a fan. Or are they the latest thing?

classic-white-satin-radiator-1329-15031m.jpg

Abitrary

They used to quite prevalent in the art lit circles that I move in, probably because of the reference TS Eliot made to them in the uncensored version of the wasteland.

I think we've all come to the conclusion now though that they are not only visually displeasing, but unnecessarily increase fuel bills, increasing the average household's carbon footprint.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
My family live in the same block of flats that T.S.Eliot lived in when he wrote the wasteland.
He lived at No. 69.
No one has managed to live there since without some weird misfortune or misery overcoming them - seriously, there's something wrong with that flat....

However, radiator covers do suit the flats in that building.

But that doesn't mean they suit Simon's Wimpey build mock tudor mansion :?:

justAl

we use radiators in this country for a reason... it's wet and cold most of the time. Why do we pretend they don't exist? I blame those stupid "house makeover in 15mins" programmes

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
'er indores got one (without asking me). I hate the bloody thing...takes up half the hall, attracts clutter, looks pig-ugly. Give me an honest radiator any day.

Put badgerer off the idea
1) they stop the heat getting out and you will get cold.
2) you will have nowhere to dry all the crap you put on the Rad to dry.
3)cost of them is more than new (nicer) radiator.
4) how green you are to just use what you have and not replace good rads or waste trees making silly boxes for them to go in.

I agree with domtyler that a nice looking radiator is better that an ulgy one in an ugly box. Homebase do a relly nice range of chunky repro ones. I have put them in my extension. Real cast iron ones are a pig to put in.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
simoncc said:
I'm being badgered to buy some radiator covers because someone has suddenly decided that radiators are ugly. The radiator covers look much uglier to me and I'm sure they are a bit down market like those brass light fittings with three lamps and a fan. Or are they the latest thing?

classic-white-satin-radiator-1329-15031m.jpg

Imho they look chuffing awful ;)

Top Bottom