Rangers fans stiched up by Celtic fan!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
I was in Paphos, Cyprus a couple of weeks ago and went in the pub over the road to watch the Bigot Brothers play each other in their derby. The place was full of Huns and a Celtic fan came in and braved going up to one of them and asking if the game was going to be shown (it wasn't being advertised outside) and was told yes it was by the lad he'd asked. A few others took exception to this though and began growling at the poor lad. I left and the lad came out right after so we went to the hotel I was staying in and watched it there.

An illustration about the sectrarianism that still exists that I found extremely depressing occurred about three years ago. I was doing a procedure at Glasgow Royal Infirmary with one of the interventional Radiologists in the operating theatres there. We went into the changing rooms together and he asked me which foot I kicked with. Now I know what this means but it's so long since I've heard it, it took me by surprise. I asked him what I meant and he said "Catholic or Protestant?" I must have looked a bit dumbfounded but he nodded over to the theatre clothes and there was one shelf of blue gear and one of green. He told me that he'd seen days when the laundry hadn't been on the ball and the "wrong" colour had come up, people - educated, qualified, intelligent people - refused to get changed and go and do their jobs! I thought then if it can happen in that environment, it can happen at all levels of Weedgie society.

Mr Pig

PaulB said:
people - educated, qualified, intelligent people - refused to get changed and go and do their jobs!

Staggering. I was in a car spray paint suppliers a few months ago and they were saying that they had to ask their supplier of spray guns not to supply green or blue ones. If they were green, the 'huns' wouldn't buy them and if they were blue the 'tims' wouldn't!

Years ago I had a guy from Liverpool staying for the weekend. On the Sunday we went for a walk up the cycle track and as you get to the next village, painted on the path was "No Tims. Turn back or die" !! When I explained what this was about he could hardly believe it, he had no idea such attitudes existed outside of Ireland.

I used to stay in a flat and there were six flats in the close, two on each floor. A guy on the top landing was a painter and decorator and suggested we paint the close, smarten it up. He bought the paint, a very deep emerald green for the bottom and a very pale off-white green for the top half. It looked nice. Three of us painted the whole close, three floors and everyone was happy. Except a cantankerous old bigot who lived opposite the guy who's idea it had been. He went out with white gloss paint and painted over the section of wall next to his house!

These people are f****** retarded! There is no nice way to say it.

Scotland's shame I'm afraid. Bigotry and small-minded sectarian attitudes are still alive and well in central Scotland. I work in an office where there's a fair share of both Rangers and Celtic. Most of the banter is fairly friendly but there are 1 or 2 who take it a bit too seriously. As for Orange walks - don't get me started:sad::eek:

QuickDraw

On a slightly related topic, it should probably be in commuting but it's not worth a thread of it's own:

While cycling home last night coming up to a set of (red) traffic lights the car in the right lane decided he should be in the left lane and that I would move into the gutter to accommodate him. He just gently moved over not aggressive just presumptious and arrogant. I just went around him and stopped in the ASL and shook my head. The lights go green and just ahead the 2 lanes become one because of some parked cars. I make sure I take primary because there's oncoming traffic and there's no way I'm letting him squeeze me into the door zone. When it's safe to pass he comes up slowly but within inches of my elbow. He's got the window and asks, calmly, why I can't cycle more the left. Now I could have explained about primary but what I actually said can't be repeated here. He looked a bit shocked and it was only then I realised it was Glenn Loovens (Celtic centre half for the uninitiated). I'm now paranoid it affects his game for Sunday.

Top Bottom