Rangers Liquidation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
What over spending , not on players anyway as the budget is less than 30% of the turnover which is probably better than every other team in Scotland if not the UK .

The only reason Rangers has money trouble is mostly because of the Retail deal with sports direct where for every £10 spent the club receives 75 pence , the club currently have loans of 6.5 million in total( season ticket money due shortly) , if they had not been asset stripped there would not be a problem , nothing to do with over spending on the team.
And for record and which most folk seem to think despite facts to the opposite Rangers had no great bank debt when Whyte took over .

I've not seen the books myself, but are you not being a bit optimistic about the outlay on the squad? Also I thought the deal with SD was a relatively recent thing? Could be wrong on both counts though.

Good luck against the Jambos. You'll need it!

U

User6179

I've not seen the books myself, but are you not being a bit optimistic about the outlay on the squad? Also I thought the deal with SD was a relatively recent thing? Could be wrong on both counts though.

Good luck against the Jambos. You'll need it!

The squad was £7million in the last accounts but that could include the near Million Mccoist gets , SD have been there from the start I believe but recently went from 49 % ownership of rangers retail to 75% , that was a clause in the £5 million loan , they also get any money from next seasons shirt sponsor and 500k if Rangers are promoted goes to Newcastle, If you add all this money up that Rangers are losing to one sided contracts I doubt we need any loans .

I would not be surprised to find that Rangers own the stadium but someone else has the lease on it and is renting it back to us also or some other strange arrangement as for some reason Rangers cant grant security on loans on the stadium , our major asset which you would think any loans would be attached to but they aint.

Good test today against the Jambos , A draw would be progress .

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyRM

XOXO
The squad was £7million in the last accounts but that could include the near Million Mccoist gets , SD have been there from the start I believe but recently went from 49 % ownership of rangers retail to 75% , that was a clause in the £5 million loan , they also get any money from next seasons shirt sponsor and 500k if Rangers are promoted goes to Newcastle, If you add all this money up that Rangers are losing to one sided contracts I doubt we need any loans .

I would not be surprised to find that Rangers own the stadium but someone else has the lease on it and is renting it back to us also or some other strange arrangement as for some reason Rangers cant grant security on loans on the stadium , our major asset which you would think any loans would be attached to but they aint.

Good test today against the Jambos , A draw would be progress .

Hadn't realised Ashley had managed to dig that deep. Fair play to the wanchor I suppose, you don't make billions by accident or being nice.

The bit about your stadium sounds plausibly bonkers.

A draw would suit McCall, he seems to be a fan of those. At least you'll see some semblance of football, I'm off to the Tyne Wear booting fest this afternoon. It will not be pretty. The aftermath even less so. Whatever clown signed off an afternoon kick off on a bank holiday weekend wants a word with themselves.

U

User6179

I think Ashley and King should have some kind of gladiator style battle over this.

Splendidly robust result last night, masterminded by Killie legend James Fowler who we treated terribly.

What about Chuckie Green representing Ashley V Kenny Miller in a WWE type match , winner gets the Stadium , just need to find out who has the stadium first.
Just saw the goals from last night , some excellent finishing .

U

User6179

I suppose all future court cases will have to be done and dusted before we get the whole sorry story dramatised. I'm sure SuperAlly would be up for playing the part of the prodigal son turned disillusioned manager if the money was right :okay:

Supers acting ability is on a par with his managerial expertise :smile:

U

User6179

Think i could see a Guy Ritchie/Carry on collaboration working well here...

I think the Rangers story is far to absurd for a carry on film , some kind of French farce type film might work though , Gerard Depardieu as Mike Ashley!?

Top Bottom