RCMP shootings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jhawk

Veteran
Today, I spoke to a friend of mine whose an RCMP Officer, after the 96 hours they've had, I felt a phone call saying thank you and offering support was necessary.

"Hi Dave, I'd just like to start off by saying thank you for all that you do. Nobody ever says it enough, you know? Nobody ever does."

"Thank you Jack for that, and the kind comments that my daughter passed on to me. You're a great person... It's more about the families of those officers now than anything else. The next two weeks are going to be hard with the funerals and such..."

The conversation continued for about five minutes. I don't know how many of you over in the UK have heard about the shooting of the three RCMP officers late Wednesday night. The manhunt for 24 year-old Justin Bourque continued until the early hours of Friday morning. He was arrested without incident at 12:10AM. I am so proud of our police force, I cannot quite imagine what it must be like to lose three of your colleagues and friends. Especially here, where police officers aren't killed regularly. Before Wednesday night, the last RCMP deaths had been in 2005 in Northern Alberta, where four officers were killed in an ambush at a remote farm.

Top Bottom