England : Berkshire Reading CTC night ride to Lymington Friday 19th September 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
If everyone is happy I will speak to the Standard Tandoori and see if they could give us a table from about 9.45pm. They are very bike friendly and have a yard behind where they are happy to store bikes and can be secured from the street.

For those arriving earlier I would suggest meeting up at the Three Guineas which is outside the entrance to the station and then heading off in a group.

frank9755

Cyclist
There are plans afoot for either Chinese or Curry for those who arriving by 10pm. Let me know so far it is me and @redfalo .

Me too - let me know where you're going
Edit - just seen you have already!

AKA Bob

Ok Folks

The Standard Tandoori http://www.standardtandoori.co.uk/index.php is willing to host us for a pre ride meal and will unlock the rear yard for our arrival. The Table is booked for 10pm currently for 8 to 10 people but happy to expand if we can confirm numbers. Can I suggest that we aim to meet at 9.45pm outside the Three Guineas Pub www.three-guineas.co.uk/ which is located by the main entrance on the South side of Reading Railway Station.

So far I have

AKA Bob
@redfalo
@frank9755 plus Mrs Frank?
@User
@Lisat
@srw
@rvw
@Ollie W

@velovoice and @Flying Dodo are you joining us?

If anyone else is interested please post a reply on here. Also if you change your mind please let me know.

@sbird could you also please let the local CTC member who are coming on your ride know about the pre ride arrangements.

Last edited:
Wish I could join the pre-ride gathering(s) but it's going to be a push to get from work in London to home near Luton to collect bike & get ready, then back down to London and out to Reading. Trains booked without reservations, planning to be on 22:45 departure from Paddington arriving Reading 23:09. Would most of you still be in the Tandoori at that time? Or shall I just find a coffee somewhere near the train station and loiter there until you all arrive?

AKA Bob

Wish I could join the pre-ride gathering(s) but it's going to be a push to get from work in London to home near Luton to collect bike & get ready, then back down to London and out to Reading. Trains booked without reservations, planning to be on 22:45 departure from Paddington arriving Reading 23:09. Would most of you still be in the Tandoori at that time? Or shall I just find a coffee somewhere near the train station and loiter there until you all arrive?

I imagine 'yes' but not for long before we head back to the start. In terms of getting a coffee there are some Kiosks in the old station or try the Three Gunieas which according to @Mice has been very pro cyclists in the past.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Ok Folks

The Standard Tandoori http://www.standardtandoori.co.uk/index.php is willing to host us for a pre ride meal and will unlock the rear yard for our arrival. The Table is booked for 10pm currently for 8 to 10 people but happy to expand if we can confirm numbers. Can I suggest that we aim to meet at 9.45pm outside the Three Guineas Pub www.three-guineas.co.uk/ which is located by the main entrance on the South side of Reading Railway Station.

So far I have

AKA Bob
@redfalo
@frank9755 plus Mrs Frank?
@User
@Lisat
@srw
@rvw
@Ollie W

@velovoice and @Flying Dodo are you joining us?

If anyone else is interested please post a reply on here. Also if you change your mind please let me know.

@sbird could you also please let the local CTC member who are coming on your ride know about the pre ride arrangements.

Me please Bob!

OP
OP
sbird

sbird

Über Member
...@sbird could you also please let the local CTC member who are coming on your ride know about the pre ride arrangements.

Done AKA Bob.

We have 19 on the ride, a minority from Reading CTC so far but that may change.

Recce done and I can confirm the change of venue for breakfast. The Haven is our destination which supports enhanced seaside views compared to the Ship Inn but at a price. And chef say's to keep your choices simple, either the small or large breakfast, there'll be no egg's benedicts apparently for our large group. There are cheaper eats available in Lymington high street but the views are nowhere near as good. Reckon on getting there around 9am.

Sadly, the lovely Margaret who took our booking for the Hythe ferry has passed on. So I've yet to confirm the discounted price but reckon on around £4. I'll be taking the money from you to pay the ferryman so please don't use the ticket machines when we arrive.

Enjoy the meal at the Standard - do ask about the Dalai Lama's stay in Reading whilst you are there - interesting.

See you all Friday night.

Ollie W

Cycling pls
Tickets booked for the train, I'll be getting in at 21:04 and I guess will head for the Three Guineas, will anyone else be around the station at that time? @sbird can I just confirm it's OK for me to duck out at Southampton to go home to bed before work? *mutters something about stupid mobile phone launches*

Now all that remains is to make sure the bike's in top condition. Erm...

I imagine 'yes' but not for long before we head back to the start. In terms of getting a coffee there are some Kiosks in the old station or try the Three Gunieas which according to @Mice has been very pro cyclists in the past.

I can concur that the landlord has been very helpful with bicycle storage. Obviously if he is on holiday, out on his bicycle somewhere or there are large numbers of customers and bicycles he may not be able to be so obliging!

Have a good ride - look out for the cattle grids!

Mice :hello:

Top Bottom