England : Berkshire Reading CTC night ride to Lymington Friday 19th September 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Thanks all for clarifying about FNRs etc. I'll no doubt try and join in when I can, despite the £40 trains to London... :blink:

Should be good for Friday now I'm on an early, still probably going to have to duck out at Southampton so that I can get to work in time. Hopefully I'll get a spare moment to mess around with my bike to make sure it's perfect. My only worry is lighting - will a Smart Lunar 35 do the trick for the front or should I be splashing out on something a bit bigger? I've got a Moon Comet on the rear that should be fine.
Get yourself a Network Railcard, it'll pay for itself in three trips or less a year. Also, if you don't mind heading up a bit earlier, Southern do very cheap advance fares into Victoria- single on the last train from Southampton this Friday (1912, arrives 2147) is £8. Slow, but cheap, got them a few times from Pompey.

frank9755

Cyclist
@AKA Bob Uta not coming so just me for curry

Weather forecast is looking good; very mild (16) with light wind but rain starting, with luck, when we are having breakfast.

OP
OP
sbird

sbird

Über Member
...our booking for the Hythe ferry ...I've yet to confirm the discounted price but reckon on around £4. I'll be taking the money from you to pay the ferryman so please don't use the ticket machines when we arrive.
Ferry price now agreed at £5. I'd forgotten to include price of bike in fare with the above. So an easy fiver to hand over.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Just confirmed table with the Standard Tandoori and they are also willing to give us a 20% discount off our bill. Result......

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Have a good one ladies and gents. If anyone happens to ride north-west after breakfast, keep an eye out for a guy in full Trek Factory Racing kit. His legs might be hurting. :whistle:

Lisat

I may keep him company if I ride back to Bournemouth through the forest, although he might be a bit knackered after his record this week.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
We're due to arrive at 9:20. If we miss that one, the next will be 10:00.

Ollie W

Cycling pls
im afraid I won't be joining you tonight. I missed my train by seconds - as in, I ran up to the door, the guard refused to let me on and shut the door in my face. I hope you guys have a lovely trip and I'm incredibly sorry I won't be there. I think it was probably too much to do this as well as a really early start for work AND work tomorrow. I hope you guys will have me along for another ride sometime soon.

Last edited:

frank9755

Cyclist
A bit of a fraught day, involving way too much driving, run down lights, digging a bike with dynamo out of the shed, and a tyre blow out as I was on the point of getting out the door. I am however on my way, on a train that should get me to Reading 22:10.
I might have to miss the poppadoms and starters but will have some saag chicken, dhal, bread and rice please.

Hurry up! It's getting cold

Top Bottom