Recommend me some road shoes please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
If you had £60 to spend on road shoes what would you buy?

There are bargains everywhere, typically online. Been looking at Northwave SRS, Diadora trivex plus, Giro Apeckx, fizik r5

They probably paired with Look Keo max2 pedals

Citius

If you had £60 to spend on road shoes what would you buy?

Shoes that fit - there is no other answer.

ACS

Legendary Member
I would not purchase shoes without trying them on first. For instance I find Shimano shoes far too narrow. My preferred shoe is the Specialized Comp Mtb Shoe. But I don't race just commute and join in some Audax rides.

I agree with the posters above, you need to try some on if possible, I cant fit in Sidi's even the wide, Northwave are good for me as they come in very wide.
I am waiting for my specialized road shoes to wear out, but they dont seem to want to even after 5 years, so I can order some Luck Shoes. You cant try them on as they are custom madein Spain to your feet, different for left and right if youy have odd feet. 5 guys in my club have bought them and swear by them. Measuring your feet is a bit of a faff and you have a bit of a wait for them.
http://luck-bike.es/en/

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I found Shimano and Specialized to be laughably narrow. I have reasonably wide feet and my last three pairs of shoes have been from NorthWave. If you are tempted to buy on-line, make sure the supplier has a free returns policy. It gets a bit painful if you have to pay return postage.

vickster

Legendary Member
I had a look and a try of numerous pairs of road shoes around that price point last year, the only ones I found half way comfortable for my wide feet in a size up were these. They felt much nicer than most of the plastic fantastic disco slippers

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-r20c-ca...|pcrid|67090787342|pkw||pmt||prd|5360674946uk

Free delivery and returns from wiggle helped that painful process, limited sizes at the mo

In the end I decided to stick with SPDs as I tend to walk quite a lot off the bike

Top Bottom