Recommend me where to cycle in Spain in November (URGENT!!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
OK so I have weekend booked in Seville with Mrs Jay Clock from 7-10 November. Return for her booked, and all I have booked is a single home on the Monday. Plan is (asap!) to book a single outbound on Sat 1st to somewhere in Southern Spain or Portugal and cycle to Seville in time for Friday morning (she arrives just after lunch). That gives me Sunday to Thurs as full cycling days

Under no circumstances will I use Ryanair. Easyjet or BA preferred, Direct flights only and from southern UK (I am in Winchester)

So options are (with distances based on car route - may do more but aiming at 80-100k in hills poss more on flat roads)

Almeria 405k
Faro 200k so would need a big loop north (and done it before)
Malaga (200k and done before when I did Malaga to Faro)
Gib 200k also done before but choice of routes
Lisbon 400+k
Seville and do a loop

WHAT DO YOU RECKON, and recommend some specific routes!!

Fire away

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
erring towards Malaga. Can get BA club class which allows free bike carriage, for £25 plus 15000 miles....

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
OK Malaga.....booked mainly on the basis that it is not that far so if I get bad weather I can bail easily or hole up in a hotel, or take a train. And it gives me plenty of routes to choose from if I want to do a decent distance

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
I did Malaga to Faro a few years back and that included Ronda. Current plans are a loop north east of Malaga to Cordoba, but am just finding out about the Via Verdes which look interesting

screenman

Legendary Member
I just flew Ryan Air and they could not be faulted. £35 return to the South Of France.

Top Bottom