Removing Chainring Gaurd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

braaivleis2003

Hi, basically for aesthetic reasons I'm wanting to remove my chainring guard as I personally think looks better without.

I did remove it but noticed a little bit of play as the 5 Allen key screws didn't screw the whole way to tighten completely.But tightens perfectly when guard is on. Can I just purchase 5 of the same screw (nuts) that are shorter in length that will tighten chainring to crank arm securely.

Or would it be best to keep it how it is. Thanks
IMG_20150801_182508900.jpg

D

Deleted member 23692

You need shorter chainring bolts like these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STRONGLIG...-BIKE-CYCLE-/141555752841?hash=item20f5615f89

Personally i'd leave it on

Mobytek

Need shorter bolts as the longer ones take into account the added depth of the guard.

3 options - shorter bolts, cut off the guard / spacer to keep the same depth or leave as is.

OP
OP
braaivleis2003

braaivleis2003

Thanks for the link.I appreciate it and totally agree with you on bottle cage. :laugh:. Would it make a difference when re bolting which way the holes are when matching crank arm to chainring, as when I did yesterday after several attempts to get it right, the crank arm would have rotated but the ring was in same position. Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom