Retrieving data from phone with a broken screen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PedalCat

I like sandwiches
It's a Samsung (A40???). The screen is dead but the phone seems to be alive. Is there a way to get photos etc from the phone? I believe they're stored in the phone itself, not a memory card or SIM.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Attach the phone to a computer and you should be able to see it as a drive. You will then be able to access what you need.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Does the phone not automatically backup to https://photos.google.com/ or the Sumsung equivalent?
Maybe you can look at those from another computer... although any attempt to login might ask you to confirm your identity on the phone! There's usually a backup option...

As Ianrauk says, connecting via cable usually does the trick, although I think you need enough phone functionality to unlock it, which can be challenging without a working screen. Some phones will output directly to a TV/monitor if you have the right cable.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
As others have said, plug in to a computer. I did this once and was amazed at things I thought I had deleted, were still on the phone, just hidden really well. Whats App in particular. And no, I'm not a member of the government.

Top Bottom