Ribble winter trainer for very tall rider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

busdennis

Veteran
Hi all. My step lad needs a new bike for work and I'm going to build him up one with a ribble winter trainer and parts from my spares box but what size would you recommend? He's 6"4 I would guess

vickster

Legendary Member
He'd be best to call Ribble with his measurements and get advice

OP
OP
busdennis

busdennis

Veteran
ho dosent know anything about vickster, if what for me id buy a 58 but I'm a short are at 5"11. hoping a tall ribble rider comes along with a bit of help.
its already cost me £700 with an accidental n+1 find for me ( will have to make an n-1 sale next week to pay the bills lol)

vickster

Legendary Member
ho dosent know anything about vickster, if what for me id buy a 58 but I'm a short are at 5"11. hoping a tall ribble rider comes along with a bit of help.
its already cost me £700 with an accidental n+1 find for me ( will have to make an n-1 sale next week to pay the bills lol)
Phone on his behalf then

Tommy2

Über Member
Screenshot_2016-02-13-17-35-12.png

OP
OP
busdennis

busdennis

Veteran
thanks Tommy. ive seen this chart and it would give him a size 60 frame, how tall do need to be for a 62 or 64 lol. (the effect top tube of all these bikes is very similar). Just looking for opinions from our tall winter ribble rider forum members

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I'm 6ft3 and ride 54cm and 56cm frames respectively, he may well be better off on a 58 with a longer stem, a 56 with a bigger layback seatpost and any combination that isn't a 60cm recommendation on a chart based off height.

Who really knows, bike fit is an individual dark art. My ribble winter was a 52 CT 54TT

Drago

Legendary Member
Is he a heavy or particularly strong lad? He's the same height as me and I can make that frame in the large size flex visibly down by the bottom bracket when pouring on the power.

If he's a whippet or a weakling it probably won't bother him.

vickster

Legendary Member
Does he live anywhere near the Ribble shop, paying a visit if so would seem the wisest course of action, failing that a phone call. Height is not the only indicator for bike sizing

e-rider

crappy member
Hi all. My step lad needs a new bike for work and I'm going to build him up one with a ribble winter trainer and parts from my spares box but what size would you recommend? He's 6"4 I would guess
at 6'4" he'll most liekly need the largest they make such as 60cm or 61cm

I'm 6'5" but TBH I can't remember what size frames I had, (and I've had 2 :surrender:), but it would have probably been a 62 and both were their 7005 winter/audax frames. One was a fully built bike, t'other was a frameset that I built up myself.

When I got mine Ribble were still running out of a small unit on Walton Summit industrial estate near Preston, but they still had a jig in store so they could fit you up for size. I was working up at Walton Summit last week and saw there new site for the first time, and it looks very impressive, so I presume they'll still offer the same service, but then again I don't know where you guys live either ;)

Anyhoo, I'd definitely recommend the 7005, it builds a great bike that's surprisingly good to ride. It won't win any exclusivity contests, but if volume speaks then a weekend spent around the roads of Lancashire would be enough to convince anyone of how great a bike it makes :okay:

Top Bottom