England : Warwickshire Ride to Warwicks 2014?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm IN. Where is the start point for the London contingent?
HPC I would have thought.

31st May seems ok for me at the moment. Just after my birthday. @Davywalnuts , you in??

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
May 31 is still tentative, as I need to confirm that my friends in Marton are OK with this.
Vague plan, to be worked on...
0700 start in central London. Say HPC, for the sake of argument.
~30 miles
1030 depart Berkhamstead
~30 miles
1330 arrive lunch Buckingham area
1430 depart lunch
~30 miles
1730 arrive Marton.

Needs the early start to fit it all in, but always possible to intercept later on.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
HPC I would have thought.

31st May seems ok for me at the moment. Just after my birthday. @Davywalnuts , you in??

Oh, hello!

Now, the slot is free, currently in the diary... but I do know that week could be filled up.. However... I shall do my darn hardest to make sure I get that day free and will try to work it out. So, 50/50 right now for that date, with all good intention being I want to do this.. :cheers:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Oh, hello!

Now, the slot is free, currently in the diary... but I do know that week could be filled up.. However... I shall do my darn hardest to make sure I get that day free and will try to work it out. So, 50/50 right now for that date, with all good intention being I want to do this.. :cheers:
Yep I know it's birthday season for us two but let's try to make it!!

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Oooer. Looks like there may be a problem with that date. Sorry. My friends may not be able to accomodate it. Don't ink anything in yet.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Phew!
The temporary blip in arrangements has gone away - slight misunderstanding over emails. It's all systems go for the 31st May.

Plenty of time to arrange details. I'll recce ride the London Berkhamstead bit in the coming months. I'll take advice from @FlyingDodo and @CharlieB for the route North to Buckingham, and the remainder I'll just recce using Google Streetview, or possibly ride south from Marton on a borrowed bike next time I'm up there.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Phew!
The temporary blip in arrangements has gone away - slight misunderstanding over emails. It's all systems go for the 31st May.

Plenty of time to arrange details. I'll recce ride the London Berkhamstead bit in the coming months. I'll take advice from @FlyingDodo and @CharlieB for the route North to Buckingham, and the remainder I'll just recce using Google Streetview, or possibly ride south from Marton on a borrowed bike next time I'm up there.

FlyingDodo's route through the Chilterns seems to be good until Banbury. It might be better once you get to the M40 to stay to the north of it rather than take the B4100. (The B4100 is okay-ish, but I'd avoid using it when there's a shift change at the Landrover-Jaguar plant there.)

Snail Bait

I think I'd like to do this as long as I've managed a couple of other long ones before then. Could be one of my 14 metric centuries in 2014. For anyone pushed for trains I can offer two single beds or one double in Woolwich whether I ride or not. That's about 10 miles from HPC.

Top Bottom