England : Warwickshire Ride to Warwicks 2014?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
FlyingDodo's route through the Chilterns seems to be good until Banbury. It might be better once you get to the M40 to stay to the north of it rather than take the B4100. (The B4100 is okay-ish, but I'd avoid using it when there's a shift change at the Landrover-Jaguar plant there.)

You can use my HS2 route from HPC.

And you're right after Banbury - but cars weren't the issue as the B4100 was a nice wide road, but it's a crap surface. After 10 miles of it, even on Ti, I was getting a bit bounced around. On the Birmingham ride, I should have stuck with my first route, on the other side of the M40.

lilolee

Veteran
You can use my HS2 route from HPC.

And you're right after Banbury - but cars weren't the issue as the B4100 was a nice wide road, but it's a crap surface. After 10 miles of it, even on Ti, I was getting a bit bounced around. On the Birmingham ride, I should have stuck with my first route, on the other side of the M40.

I think that was my fault for suggesting it, and then didn't even ride it by bailing at Banbury. Sorry

We ought to have a castles ride.......

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Definitely interested in this where is HPC ? googling gets me Hinkley Point C nuclear power station which seems an odd start point.^_^

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Phew!
I'll recce ride the London Berkhamstead bit in the coming months. I'll take advice from @FlyingDodo and @CharlieB for the route North to Buckingham.
I've a nice route to Buckingham I've done before, but not in gpx copy - it's in my head, but I'll try to compile it this weekend using mapometer or one of the others.
…On the other hand, the forecast isn't bad this weekend - I might test it out again using the Garmin…

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
My tentative plan is to drive to Marton on Friday leave car somewhere cycle to Coventry then train to Berkhamsted stay in b and b or whatever near Berkhamsted ready to meet the ride on saturday.

Anyone else planning to get a room in Berkhamsted on Friday night?

robjh

Legendary Member
I'm going to drop out of this one. It sounds like a good ride, but I spend from Monday to Friday working in Coventry, and heading back up there on a Saturday looks too much like a busman's holiday to me. Hope you all have a great day.

Top Bottom