RideLondon-Essex 100 (2024) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I would have done the Surrey version. Applied for each and every ballot but never got a place.

I've done this a couple of times and it's a lot of fun and a big change from my usual riding in that (a) there is no traffic and (b) there are lots of cyclists. Whether this difference is sufficient to maintain my interest - and continue to draw on my wallet - remains to be seen. I know quite a few of the roads from riding round there but that also may be at an end (RIP Gravesend-Tilbury ferry)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think this may be my last participation. I've lost the bloody mindedness to ride longer distances these days. I've not entered any audaxes this year either.
Sounds like me! I stopped riding audaxes a few years ago and have pretty much stuck to metric centuries for my longer rides since then. (I do occasionally still ride imperial centuries, such as the Humber Bridge forum ride from York, but not many of them.)

It is years since I rode my last Sportive. I don't think I will bother doing many more.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Judging by the email I rcvd over the weekend saying "last chance to register for a place", the days of it being heavily oversubscribed are history.
So if anyone is interested in a sportive... on yer bike!

Top Bottom