RideLondon Grand Prix & Surrey Classic (Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
This weekend. Lists of starters up on the PRL website:

Grand Prix:

http://www.prudentialridelondon.co....ial_RideLondon_br__Grand_Prix_Competitors.htm

No Dani King or Jo Rowsell but down at the bottom of the list there is someone called Vos...

Surrey Classic:

http://www.prudentialridelondon.co....don-Surrey_Classic/teams/2014_Competitors.htm

Some strong riders in there. Notice OGE are bringing both the Yates brothers.
Surprised that FDJ aren't in the Classic - they had a very good result last year.
I wonder if the GP course might suit Archibald - left turns and flatter than a velodrome.

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Filthy, filthy weather today. Might make a lot of difference to the outcome.

Race starts 13:00, looks as though BBC aren't going to start broadcasting 'til 14:00 on BBC1 and online. If they did the same as last year they'll probably show the pro women's crit from yesterday before they go to today's race.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Filthy, filthy weather today. Might make a lot of difference to the outcome.

Race starts 13:00, looks as though BBC aren't going to start broadcasting 'til 14:00 on BBC1 and online. If they did the same as last year they'll probably show the pro women's crit from yesterday before they go to today's race.
On the weather front, I'm only about 5 miles from the start. I'd describe the weather as damp, rather than filthy. The torrential stuff didn't materialise and there's only a light breeze now. Of course, that may simply mean that the bad stuff is simply delayed but perhaps it's deviated.

Ok, in the course of writing, the wind's got up a little and it's now ''wet'' rather than ''damp'' but I'm still considering popping over to the bridge over the River Lee to watch the pro's race by, down to Fat Boy's Diner for coffee and a burger, and then back up onto the bridge for the hordes later on.

According to BBC, the route for the men's race has been changed - leaving out Box Hill - so be aware if you are planning to go and spectate....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28730183

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
On the weather front, I'm only about 5 miles from the start. I'd describe the weather as damp, rather than filthy. The torrential stuff didn't materialise and there's only a light breeze now. Of course, that may simply mean that the bad stuff is simply delayed but perhaps it's deviated.

Ok, in the course of writing, the wind's got up a little and it's now ''wet'' rather than ''damp'' ....

Down here it's howling a gale, occasional thunder and heavy squalls of rain. I think it's headed towards you, I'm afraid. Fingers crossed it might have passed by the time the race starts as it seems to be improving here.

yesterdays womens race was excellent, won't say to much incase others are hoping to catch hightlights later...

Perhaps I should put a spoiler alert on here in case we want to discuss later, I'll try. I'll have to avoid the thread myself though as we went up to town to spectate yesterday, so I know what happened but not exactly how it happened! Some strong attacks went in each time they passed us though. I'll try to catch the highlights this morning.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Down here it's howling a gale, occasional thunder and heavy squalls of rain. I think it's headed towards you, I'm afraid. Fingers crossed it might have passed by the time the race starts as it seems to be improving here.

Perhaps I should put a spoiler alert on here in case we want to discuss later, I'll try. I'll have to avoid the thread myself though as we went up to town to spectate yesterday, so I know what happened but not exactly how it happened! Some strong attacks went in each time they passed us though. I'll try to catch the highlights this morning.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04dv51d/cycling-cycling-ride-london-2014-womens-grand-prix

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Thanks to whoever changed the title. Weather nice and sunny now in Dorset but very windy, hope the sun makes it for the Classic start.

I had the impression from the TV coverage & RideLondon announcements that it was just the sportive that had changed.

Please forgive any extra characters that appear in my posts, I appear to have overly large fingers today.

Top Bottom