RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2016) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
2016 here we come!

The event will be held on 31st July 2016, with the freecycle event on the 30th July.

The public ballot entry system for the 2016 RideLondon-Surrey 100 will open to all applicants at www.RideLondon.co.uk on Monday 10th August 2015.

The ballot will close on Monday 8th January 2016 or when 100,000 registrations have been received – whichever is earlier.

:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Yup - will go in the ballot again - fingers crossed.

Also, how many applicants did they allow for last year? Was it 85k?
http://www.prudentialridelondon.co....rudential_RideLondon-Surrey_100_s1_p17056.htm

September 7, 2013

The ballot for the 2014 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 is now closed.

In the four weeks since the ballot opened on 12 August, 80,000 people have registered to take part in next year’s event, which takes place on Sunday 10 August 2014 as part of the Mayor of London’s annual festival of cycling.

http://www.prudentialridelondon.co....15_Prudential_RideLondon_ballot_s1_p20320.htm

Record number apply for 2015 Prudential RideLondon ballot

January 13, 2015

A record number of 86,001 eager cyclists entered the ballot for a place in the 2015 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100, part of the Mayor of London’s award-winning festival of cycling.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Might have to enter myself reading about all the fun people have had. And certainly the report of a bloody good time being had from my good cycling buddy @rb58

Now.. who sell's the cheapest of cheapest plastic hats?

If I'm in Melbourne with room in my luggage in the next 12 months, I can pick you up one of these beauties for $A5 (currently £2.36)

Melbourne+Helmet.jpg

Edit: just realised - it's your colour!

OP
OP
Nomadski

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Might have to enter myself reading about all the fun people have had. And certainly the report of a bloody good time being had from my good cycling buddy @rb58

This is only £6 and while its not your natural colour, it does come with free elbow pads, which I'm sure you would value!

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuW1R6ow23JZVNZVYVE_eYJqEzvlg1MyMVGJ_IoH3XXK9kDg_y&usqp=CAE.jpg

EltonFrog

Legendary Member

You probably know someone who will lend you hat, to save you the indignity of buying one.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
2013 - Entered Ballot, did not get a ride, Rode for Sue Ryder, Completed it no probs. Was amazing.
2014 - Did not enter ballot, decided to ride for Lymphoma Association, Had a mechanical at Newlands Corner - gutted to say the least, had to abandon. Was the most miserable day of my life,
2015 - Did not enter ballot or sign up for charity ride
2016 - Might try the ballot once more ?

I've been told I should enter, I'm not sure. I definitely couldn't do the distance at the moment, I'm just not in as good health as I was in 2014. I guess I could enter then defer if things have not got any better.
You don't have to pay until feb. Doesn't cost anything to get in the ballot.

If your fitness hasn't improved by feb, don't take up the place.

Top Bottom