Rider gets squeezed off road by bus 3 weeks in hospital.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And the bus driver who did this????

What the bus driver had done is inexcusable. The cyclist has not done anything wrong.
I usually watch these types of videos to learn is there anything I would have done differently here. It appears that cycle lane disappeared and then there is a blue sign indicating that both cycle and bus share the same lane. I ride on a similar road on the way to work where we share the same lane. I am always worried that bus will squeeze me out. So I ride almost on the middle of the road. Bus can overtake me if there are no vehicles on the other lane.
Any views?

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Given that he had a rear facing camera, there's a very good chance this will be/has been taken further by the police, as I'm sure the numberplate of the bus can be seen. Shocking video, bus driver deserves a ban, to lose his job and spend some time inside, that could have so easily been a fatality.

up hill struggle

Shocking video, bus driver deserves a ban, to lose his job and spend some time inside, that could have so easily been a fatality.

agreed, deserves a p45 & driving ban at the very least for that move.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ah, my first thought was Hungary but then I didn't recognise the language in the title of the video. Now that I've read the story I can see it's Magyar.

Hungarian Police won't do anything, they're as much use as a chocolate watch.

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Hungary is a nice country (as @vernon is presently finding out) and before the fall of communism was often cited as a shining example of a communist country that actually worked pretty well. I put this down to the good level or education and civilisation of the Hungarian people.

However having spent quite a bit of enjoyable time in Hungary, driving around and getting to know the country, I would not want to get involved with the Police.

Top Bottom