Riding fitness level

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

borchgrevink

Capture.JPG

My current level is Active 4 which I reached when generating 280.41 watts during a ride. But, why does Bkool say that I have to generate 277.37 to reach next level? This is lower than what my current level was calculated from...

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Any ride of over 30 minutes can be used to generate a fitness level. The FTP you get from it can be 10-15 watts lower than what was achieved. I am not sure how they calculate it. You can see the FTP value they use in the analysis tab of 'my activity'.

To get a more accurate FTP you must do the FTP test (link is highlighted in lighter blue).

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
View attachment 111440
My current level is Active 4 which I reached when generating 280.41 watts during a ride. But, why does Bkool say that I have to generate 277.37 to reach next level? This is lower than what my current level was calculated from...

This happens if you lower your weight, since your fitness level is based on 95% of your FTP power divided by your weight in Kg.So if you lower your weight on bkool, you can go up in fitness level with a lower FTP result!

See recent FAQ thread for more details on Fitness Level, etc.

Geoff

Top Bottom