Rio 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rio2016

Hi anyone going? Anyone know if there are any reliable sources for tickets for the track events. Never got close to a ticket in 2012 and figure with Zika there is maybe going to be more chance in Rio with the added benefit of Copacabana beach!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Tip, I wouldn't stay in Copacabana if you are a "Gringo" Ipanema or Leblon are nicer and safer. The Velodrome is in Barra.

OP
OP
R

Rio2016

I'm a gringo but speak portuguese and so no problem with Copacabana in fact its a lot safer now. There are plenty of new builds in Barra so thinking to stay there for 4-5 days of cycling and head to Copacabana after for the athletics. Flights are still reasonable and accomadation for between £50-100 ppn if you are in a group. The issue as always is tickets.

OP
OP
R

Rio2016

Update for those interested - although it seems there aren't many.

Tickets for the velodrome are sold out for all countries except Brazil. Only Brazilians can buy these tickets but they can buy them for friends. I have now got tickets for 6 of the 8 track cycling sessions via the person I booked my apartment on via Tripadvisor. I have the pdf receipt but careful going this route after much research I would only advise doing this via a renter with a good track record and 20+ 5 star reviews. The owner I did it via is a British (Brazilian resident) so communication was easy and I was able to verify by phone and social media. So off to see Wiggins pick up his silver :wacko: but also have via the same source got tickets for the Heptathlon and 10,000m and long jump nights in the athletics.

Top Bottom